In response to Kusanagi
Yeah but at least you can use the memory cards for alot more the the Ipod can.
In response to Wizkidd0123
There are two problems.
A) the cover you in situations where you bump it once or twice, but when you're jogging or something they don't have a chance to recover because the bumps are constant.
B) the average anti-skip chews up a lot of battery life when it's put under stress.

Discmen are great if you can't afford something like an iPod, but if you can they're a waste of money.
Well, this morning on Yahoo!...

I think that should help steer you in the right direction...

Basically, the PSP offers a broader range of functionality... And is going to offer even more with all of the various unofficial additions...

So, I'd go with the PSP...

Of course, I don't listen to music often enough to warrant buying an iPod, so I'm already a bit biased against them...

If all you want is a really good music player, get the iPod... If you want a decent music player, that happens to play video games, play movies, and (thanks to home developers) browse the net, and become a wireless messaging/chat tool, then go with the PSP...

In response to Kusanagi
Kusanagi wrote:
The problem with a discman is that it skips around if you shake it,

Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Where have you been for the last ten years? For a long time now, discmen have had a feature which "memorizes" the next [x] seconds of the song so that when it would normally jump, it can just go to the "memorized" portion and run smoothly. Until about 2000, [x] has been increasing, and now, any discman worth its salt won't skip.

you have to change out cds if you want to listen to something else, and you have to carry other cds around to be able to go with your full taste, unless you only listen to certain types of music and can fill those all on one cd.

Wizkidd0123 wrote:
A CD can carry about 200 mp3s on it, and a discman costs aboput $290.00 less than an iPod. Unless you're going to listen to more than 200 mp3s at a time, then a discman can really make sense!

I find that mp3 players are a lot more convenient and reliable than portable cd players, and they are definately worth the price for that convenience.

Not for the average listener, they aren't. $290.00 is alot of money for a little bit of convenience.
You don't have to buy the 314 gig Ipod. You can get a cheap 10 gig or 5 gig for half the price of a PSP.

But if you really are looking at only the expensive Ipods, i'd say PSP definitly.
I got an Ipod. :D
In response to Nyck
Lucky you.
Page: 1 2 3