ID:186925

Do you guys think in the future Dan or tom might sell byond for a few grand? I think it might happen.

~>Jiskuha
Who would BUY BYOND for a few grand? Most people wouldn't have any use for it, since Dantom doesn't really game money.
In response to ScouSin
Yes but if someone wanted to buy it for a few grand and hire programmers(Like Lummox jr.) people would be payed and byond would be developing alot faster. Just say a rich guy or someone with alot of spare money on their hands wanted byond.

~>Jiskuha
In response to Jiskuha
You realize that if that happened. Nothing would be free. The company who purchased BYOND would expect all the members to pay to use their service. I say leave BYOND in Dantom's hands.
In response to Jiskuha
I own 51% of the Byond stock.
In response to TeDsFrEiN
I wanna buy it damn you all... Just for kicks to say...
I own byond, no really I OWN byond.
In response to TeDsFrEiN
TeDsFrEiN wrote:
You realize that if that happened. Nothing would be free. The company who purchased BYOND would expect all the members to pay to use their service. I say leave BYOND in Dantom's hands.

Who said anything about a company? I mean one person with a crap load of spare cash.

~>Jiskuha
In response to TeDsFrEiN
I wouldn't much mind BYOND not being free. Then, they could afford to actually moderate and keep the rifraff out. Stolen material in your game? BANNED! Abusive language over the pager? WARNED! Being a general nuissance? BANNED!

Plus, the fact that you have to pay for access would chase off most of the particularly bad DBZers (The ones that rip and spam) and the idiots who just sit on the forums and leet out cries of "g1v3 m3 t3h c0d3!!1!1!!11!1!!"

Overall, BYOND would be a much nicer place.
In response to Ter13
Indeed, say tomorrow they charge 20 dollars for life to use the services. All right, I'd be one of the first to fork over the cash.

~>Jiskuha
In response to Jiskuha
It should be your account must be like 1 or 2 years old to use the developer forums.
In response to Jiskuha
I would pay 20 for life. I don't like monthly charges: FF11, Phantasy Star, couldn't play because I didn't want to pay.
In response to Jiskuha
Jiskuha wrote:
Indeed, say tomorrow they charge 20 dollars for life to use the services. All right, I'd be one of the first to fork over the cash.

And, I'd be the 2nd - right behind him after he loans me $20.00!
In response to Strawgate
Well, I take it that since very few people have that much money, and most prefer to buy companies and have employees and supervisors in mind already.

Besides, I couldn't pay for any BYOND services because as of now, I have no money.
Jiskuha wrote:
Do you guys think in the future Dan or tom might sell byond for a few grand? I think it might happen.

I don't think it's likely anytime soon. They have some plans of their own.

In response to TeDsFrEiN
Maybe, to get more money, they should add more features, that can be activated by paying.
In response to Gughunter
Microsoft is the end of us all! If they sell it to them damn are we screwed.
In response to Strawgate
Strawgate wrote:
It should be your account must be like 1 or 2 years old to use the developer forums.

That's not a very good idea.
What if a newbie wanted to start a game? How could that person get help?
In response to Airjoe
Hadn't quiet thought of that.
In response to EGUY
Yeh, but I own 78% of the 129% of stock BYOND holds ;)
In response to Strawgate
So I'd still have a month before I could start using the forums. I don't think many developers would stick around without the forum.