In response to HaxRp
HaxRp wrote:
Did I just die?

God I hope so.
We should use fan games and communities' passion for them.
I really do hope a day comes where there isn't this insistence by the non fangame community that the fangames aren't part of the community. Maybe one day we'll all be tolerant of others
This thread amuses me...

We need a conversion chart. How to change fan concepts to lawful games. A foundation for all fan games (fans).

Maybe even some basic code project templates for each genre.
In response to Sir Quizalot
Sir Quizalot wrote:
We need a conversion chart. How to change fan concepts to lawful games. A foundation for all fan games (fans).

1. Remove everything related to the IP
2. ???
3. Profit.

That's how Lizard Sphere X got his game by as far as I know.
In response to Lugia319
Look at the last conflict. They still use NPCs from Resident Evil as well as music directly ripped from the games.

You don't need to move everything related to the game. Just change the name of the game and make it's icon something weird. It's not like anyone from funimation actually plays the games. They just see the front page full of games using their IP and flip.
In response to Zecronious
Yeah but then you're still using resources that don't belong to you and it's still technically copyright infringement. The music is a big deal because it's why a lot of videos on youtube got flagged by the system.
In response to Lugia319
I highly doubt that copyright applies to anything that's based on another copyright. Right?

Correct me though, I'm just assuming.
In response to A.T.H.K
Music is covered by copyright law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Discography_of_the_Resident_Evil_film_series

I think you're limited to 15 seconds of copying?
Actually, fun fact about copyright laws, there isn't a limitation to each submission for a copyright claim. All you have to do is send in all of the game's assets and resources and pay the fee and everything you submitted will officially be protected under US Copyright laws (assuming you live in the US, that is).

Everything from each sound effect to a sketched doodle of a penis you accidentally left in the asset folder and forgot to delete.
In response to Kats
Copyright law is an extremely bungled practice and really needs a fixup.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
Actually, fun fact about copyright laws, there isn't a limitation to each submission for a copyright claim. All you have to do is send in all of the game's assets and resources and pay the fee and everything you submitted will officially be protected under US Copyright laws (assuming you live in the US, that is).

Everything from each sound effect to a sketched doodle of a penis you accidentally left in the asset folder and forgot to delete.

^ Want me to fix this?
In response to GoldenArk
I'm well aware that it's not exactly as black-and-white as that, but generally speaking, once you submit your claim, you're guaranteed protection until the Copyright office decides to deny it. Or approve it, in which case it becomes permanent.
In response to Sir Quizalot
Sir Quizalot wrote:

Maybe even some basic code project templates for each genre.

Some "new" basic coding templates for each genre, cause as of now..

Naruto games have Shinobi Story as a template.

Dragonball games have Zeta rips as a template.

Bleach games have whatever rip as a template.

That'd be a good idea though.
Yeah just hope someone is willing to do it.

This reminded me of us(our community as it is now): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5zdf-bG4c

Page: 1 2