whys the 4th of july a holiday... i know the reasoning behind the day being special i just don't care or think it should be considered a holiday.

as a child i found myself being excited about holidays but as an adult i find myself not celebrating any of them due to their... bs background.
I don't celebrate holidays either.

Traditions are pretty silly. I laugh whenever I meet an atheist, and then at the end of the year, they're putting Christmas trees in their homes and singing about Jesus. Or Christians celebrating Halloween, even though the bible specifically states God doesn't like witches and evil spirits.

We'd be much better as a society if, before we do something, we stop and ask ourselves "Hey... why AM I doing this?" Is it something that's truly necessary, or is it just something you're doing just because you see other people doing it?

July 4th is no different. We broke away from Britain to avoid oppression, only to wind up oppressing ourselves all over again, so what exactly is there to celebrate? Another revolution is necessary right now, so we may as well still be under British rule. But no one thinks about that. People hear "4th of July" and immediately think "beer, fireworks, parties, music, and get laid". They don't actually consider history and what the day is supposed to mean and if it makes sense to actually go and participate in it, they just see booze and women and say "sign me up!"

This behavior is even present here on BYOND. People come to the site for the first time, look at the way other users are "making" games, and assume that's the way it's done. That's why over the years, we've seen so many people make blog posts and threads about their title screens or bald men in diapers because instead of actually learning what it means to develop a game, they looked around and saw what every other clueless kid was doing, and came to the conclusion that hair styles were the most crucial aspects of game design.

A cup is only useful when it's empty. This is why when you tell fan-game kids they're doing something wrong ( or even Christians that they shouldn't be celebrating Halloween, or atheists shouldn't be celebrating Christmas ), they tell you to STFU because their cup is already full and they are set in their ways. In order to change, you have to be willing to unlearn all the nonsense you were fed over the course of your life, and for most people, doing that is simply not an option. It is much more comfortable to remain in ignorance and go with the flow than it is to challenge everything you believe. That concludes my rant for the day.

Back to FFXIV.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Too deep. Go back to trolling ppl plox.
In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:

They said they were playing FF14 so as far as I'm concerned the whole thing is trolling.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Avidanimefan wrote:

They said they were playing FF14 so as far as I'm concerned the whole thing is trolling.

you play lame and nerds i mean haven and hearth

rekt

But no, I'm trying the trial version. Playing a tank as usual, 2 levels away from the level cap. The game is basically WoW with better graphics, OST and community, but some of the most obnoxious running back and forth aimlessly I've seen out of any MMORPG.
One of my favorite shows, The Twilight Zone, is on all day on SyFy! Every year I use this day as an excuse to sit down and watch TTZ all day.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Traditions are pretty silly. I laugh whenever I meet an atheist, and then at the end of the year, they're putting Christmas trees in their homes and singing about Jesus.

I'd put a lot of money against an atheist singing about Jesus, but I'm a wise gambler. Also, Christmas isn't a Christian holiday, they stole it from the pagans, just like every Christian holiday does. Lol.
Christianity is the most American religion there is because there's nothing original in it.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I don't celebrate holidays either.

Back to FFXIV.

i couldn't agree more especially about Christianity Halloween, thanksgiving, easter and christimas they're not suppose to celebrate any of it, they aren't even suppose to celebrate their birthdays.

The bible warns people of traditions and tells people to avoid them, the bible says don't bring plants in your home, decorate your home in gold or silver and it never told us to celebrate jesus birthday it actually tells us not to bring trees into our homes and decorate them with a star lol christians aren't suppose to celebrate easter they're suppose to celebrate the passover man theres just so much wrong with christians and the church and their teachings of the bible.

Christianity is terrible... especially in the black community.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:

U Raycist
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:

U Raycist

lol im black... o_O pretty sure everyone knows that tho.
im black but i race identify as an asian.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

aka a Weeaboo ?
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

aka a Weeaboo ?

That's offensive, he's #transracial. Weeaboo might be a trigger for him.
Page: 1 2