ID:191166

Considering I wish to start a team of programming gurus with like-minded interests, does anyone have tips on starting, organizing, and building with a team? One of the major areas I would like to hear tips on, is code control, I.E. Who is editing what part of the code, when, for how long, and why? :P
Well, it may sound corny and stupid but I work alone, I have never considered anyone working with me as a team. There was a time when Feugan and Mazarot helped me make icons but apart from that, I suppose if you're making a game between people you need to divide up the sections;

Artwork - Icons + Sounds
Code Compiler - Coding
Idea man - Ideas

Of course, if you're working as a team, then you can essentially make the PERFECT game. But let me tell you now, if one person breaks the team's chain, expect delays in new versions.
I went to the classified boards, shared my ideas, and got a few replies. It was probably a fair bit of luck that people found interest in it. I also think it's good to have everyone's input in on the game. Having one person design it all and everyone else programming it...well...I foresee mutiny. :}

-Dagolar