ID:1913062

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Currently, if you have two interface files (.dmf) in your project, you can copy windows and macros and paste them into the other interface file. This is wonderful. However, what I'd like to see improved is copying from external DMEs.

Currently, if you try to copy Window1 from DME1 to DME2 nothing happens. It just doesn't work. I'd like to see this work.

For example, I was trying to copy controls from a demo into another external project. However, doing so is impossible unless I make a copy of the DMF from the demo and paste it into the location of the other DME. Then refreshing the IDE and copying the windows over, then deleting the DMF from the demo.

EDIT: Also, being able to select multiple windows with shift/ctrl is also something I'd like to see, so I don't have to copy them one by one.
Yeah, it doesn't work across instances because there's no clipboard format for it.
In response to Lummox JR
Aren't they plain text?
.dmf files are plaintext, but that wouldn't be very useful for trying to paste in a skin editor. The skin editor wouldn't know if incoming text was a control, a whole window, a whole skin, or text that has nothing to do with skins whatsoever. I consider the work of making it try to figure that out rather counterproductive.

Also our skin parser really has no concept of handling an element alone; it expects any elements to be within windows.
Is this feature not possible then? I'd imagine this would be convenient for a lot of users. More than you might initially think.
I wouldn't say it's impossible, no; it's just that there's a reason it isn't in already.
In response to Lummox JR
Ah, I see. I know your list of things to do is long, so perhaps this could be thrown into your list of least important.

I am curious as to how many developers would actually benefit from this, I'm surprised no one has chimed in on it yet. Perhaps not as many would like this as I thought.