In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
hoping in the next Byond & Within that they could announce IALO is being rehosted...

http://www.byond.com/games/Kyuukei/ItsALivingOnline

A byond classic that is worth being played...

I decided to give it a try due to you mentioning it previously.

I joined and was smacked back to pre-2004 BYOND. I never followed the DBZ rips at the time but I remember zeta. My mind says this is zeta. Zeta?

Is there a help file for this game? Just based upon the presentation, and my few minutes in game, it doesn't appear to be one of those "Classic BYOND Games" that one must experience. But I'll give it another go some other time.
In response to Mr. RJT
Mr. RJT wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
hoping in the next Byond & Within that they could announce IALO is being rehosted...

http://www.byond.com/games/Kyuukei/ItsALivingOnline

A byond classic that is worth being played...

I decided to give it a try due to you mentioning it previously.

I joined and was smacked back to pre-2004 BYOND. I never followed the DBZ rips at the time but I remember zeta. My mind says this is zeta. Zeta?

Is there a help file for this game? Just based upon the presentation, and my few minutes in game, it doesn't appear to be one of those "Classic BYOND Games" that one must experience. But I'll give it another go some other time.

well as far as help file, theres the old forums (havnt really been updated since 2005)
http://ialo.proboards.com/

there arent really any set objectives since this is a life sim type of game. you start with $500 and a gleam in your eye. to the left there is a forest infested with critter-jin and killer money aswell as a McDonalds. to the north are houses as far as the eye can see aswell as a car dealer ship. to the right is a gun shop aswell as clothing boutique and even further is a city of unmentionable possibilities. To the south is Ninja Pizza and alot of money that people dropped... it is up to you to decide what to do with your life...
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
To the south is Ninja Pizza and alot of money that people dropped... it is up to you to decide what to do with your life...

I wish people just dropped money around pizza joints in my life.
In response to Flick
they do in my home town of canada
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
To the south is Ninja Pizza and alot of money that people dropped... it is up to you to decide what to do with your life...

I wish people just dropped money around pizza joints in my life.
I do too...

Here is the official story for IALO by Kyuukei himself

The End Of The Earth
In the beginning, there was the Earth. Peaceful, and beautiful. Until Humans reign supreme. Three thousand years have passed since the Humans first made their appearance. The entire world was filled with war, and polution. Eventually, the Humans died out, but the few hundred survivors managed to escape the Earth in a ship, right before it imploded.

Two years passed, the five hundred and sixty three survivors were now down to ninety eight. The ship was running low on food. Many were starving. Until hope arrose. In the distance was a beautiful planet, that resembeled the Earth. Of course, the grass was of a brighter color, and the gravity was a tad bit more intense. The ship of humans crash landed on the planet, and the final ninety survivors stepped out of the ship, claiming the planet as their own, calling it "Planet Rikku", or "Planet Grass".

Birth Of Planet Grass
The humans had to start over from scratch in all kinds of technology. They managed to build swords, and spears, and even bows and arrows. The human population increased all the way to one hundred and fifty within the next year. The humans had built small huts, and created cities. The planet seemed to have the same sort of animals as the Earth as well. It seemed too much like a dream to be real.

Birth Of Evil, Among The Clouds
Up on seeing the humans crash land a year back, the Cloudians watched them closely... but the humans emmited some kind of odd chi in the air. Something dark... something evil... this caused a certain transformation among a many Cloudian. They no longer had their blue skin tone... instead it was dark, as dark as the night. These many called themselves Dark Cloudians, and these Dark Cloudians soon sought after complete control after Cloudia.

The Cloudians managed to defeat them, and heed them off. The Dark Cloudians descended from the clouds and created their own civilization, among a blackened desert. Creating their own darkened kingdom.

The Lives Beneithe The Surface
Deep down under the surface of Planet Grass... deep down... lives a civilization of beasts of unformitable strength. These 'Bugmen', as Cloudians alike like to call them, are giant worm like creatures, mixed with a wolf, and a mantise. These creatures have lived under the ground for thousands of years undisturbed until the year of the humans arrived... or as the Critter-jin like to call it 'The Year Meat Rained Down Up On Us'.

The shockwave of the crash, questioned the Critter-jin. Was there something above the surface? The Critter-jin did not bother to give into their curiousity, until one day, a group of Critter-jin scouts crossed the bottom of some sort of metal object. (Which was the human ship, it was fairly huge, and most of it went under ground when it crashed.)

Exploring the innerds of the ship, they found human corpses, and devoured them. Liking the taste, the Critter-jin reported back to the leader of the Critter-jin themself: Zlama Ogre. Zlama devoured a human corpse, and liking the taste, he took a stand, and announced to all of the Critter-jin, that they will now rise to the surface, and harvest these tastey dishes.

The Lower Lives Arise
The Critter-jin began breeding repeatively, and soon created a large colony on the surface. They found many new animals, and devoured each one that they came across. Five years passed, and the new colony was completed. The Critter-jin were ready to launch their assault up on the Human colony.

Above, in the Clouds, the Cloudians watched. Observing the Critter-jin. Hundreds of years before the humans arrival. The Critter-jin and the Cloudians were the only two species on this planet. They fought against each other for many years, until the Cloudians killed their previous leader and drove them underground.

The Cloudians knew what the Critter-jin were planning today, and knew that the entire planet would soon bath in blood. Even though the humans chi managed to change their friends and family to evil, they had to warn them. The Cloudians came onto the large Human colony, which was a lot more advanced than before. They were now in the Feudal period, and a large city, with large stone walls around it, was now the human's upgraded colony. The Cloudians were taken to the Human King: King Kakashi. Whom they told of the Critter-jin. The King was shocked, yet thanked the Cloudian people, and told them that they could come into the colony any time they pleased.

The Darkened Alliance (RP Server's current chapter)
Dark Cloudians spies reported back to their king. They now knew of Zlama Ogre's plan. They were excited. A war? Bloodshed? They smiled happily at the thought. The Dark Cloudian King and many of his guardians, journeyed to the Critter-jin colony... and they didn't get a warm welcome either. They were attacked, but easily disposed of what came at them with their dark weapons.

After many failed attemps, the Critter-jin retreated, and Zlama Ogre himself came out. The Dark Cloudian King introduced himself, and offered and alliance. Zlama agreed eagerly, sensing the amount of negative chi emmiting from their bodies. With their mission complete, the Dark Cloudians returned to their home, preparing for a large battle.
wtf lol
Page: 1 2