ID:193292

Heh. I just spent 45 minutes in my computer science class trying to figure out why my relatively simple Java code didn't work. I scanned through it dozens of times, inserting debug statements everywhere. I thought I'd come across some odd caveat that I didn't know Java had. The actual problem? I didn't put braces after a while statement.

This is all part of Dan's and Tom's evil plan to destroy my ability to code in anything but DM.

-AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:
Heh. I just spent 45 minutes in my computer science class trying to figure out why my relatively simple Java code didn't work. I scanned through it dozens of times, inserting debug statements everywhere. I thought I'd come across some odd caveat that I didn't know Java had. The actual problem? I didn't put braces after a while statement.

This is all part of Dan's and Tom's evil plan to destroy my ability to code in anything but DM.

Everytime I get back to Objective-C or Perl or whatever I have the same problem.

Funny thing is, all the programmers in the world have been brainwashed into thinking the braces and semi-colons somehow help them, when in reality it gets in their way and forces them to be human compilers...