ID:194342

maybe im missing something here, but where the heck did the name spuzzum come from, and why is there spuzz humor, and spuzz fire, and the word spuzzier just scares me,
i know this question is so stupid
but would someone care to enlighten me?
maybe event the spuzzter him self (wow, a new spuzzum word)
could tell me...
bye bye now,

<^>FIREKING<^>

(ahh, the wonders of copy and paste, i love it)
</<></<>
On 6/2/01 12:47 pm FIREking wrote:
maybe im missing something here, but where the heck did the name spuzzum come from

Spuzzum is the smallest non-ghost-town in North America. It is situated on the Trans-Canada Highway between Hope, B.C., and Yale, B.C.
In response to Spuzzum
thanks
i needed to be "clued" in

<font color=red><x><</x></font><font color=orange><x>^</x></font><font color=yellow><x>></x></font><font color=darkred>F</font><font color=red>I</font><font color=orange>R</font><font color=yellow>E</font><font color=yellow>K</font><font color=orange>I</font><font color=red>N</font><font color=darkred>G</font><font color=yellow><x><</x></font><font color=orange><x>^</x></font><font color=red><x>></x></font>
In response to Spuzzum
On 6/2/01 1:31 pm Spuzzum wrote:
On 6/2/01 12:47 pm FIREking wrote:
maybe im missing something here, but where the heck did the name spuzzum come from

Spuzzum is the smallest non-ghost-town in North America. It is situated on the Trans-Canada Highway between Hope, B.C., and Yale, B.C.

are you sure of that? i mean i lived in some preaty small towns... it had a population of 126.. and it included an entire county...
In response to jobe
Oh, you lived in a town of 126, huh? Don't WE think we're special, Mr. Big Fancy City Slicker.

Seriously, though, 126 is a very small town, but it certainly ain't the record.
In response to Leftley
On 6/2/01 3:02 pm Leftley wrote:
Oh, you lived in a town of 126, huh? Don't WE think we're special, Mr. Big Fancy City Slicker.

oh ok..... it was an entire county.. maby that is a record.. yeah the only entire couny in america with no cable..(although the sharif did over look one dude chargeing for a stilite hack.. maybe becase he got free satilite..)
In response to jobe
On 6/2/01 3:08 pm jobe wrote:
On 6/2/01 3:02 pm Leftley wrote:

oh ok..... it was an entire county.. maby that is a record.. yeah the only entire couny in america with no cable..(although the sharif did over look one dude chargeing for a stilite hack.. maybe becase he got free satilite..)

Sheesh... I don't think that the town covering an entire county is anything special (after all, major cities tend to occupy several entire counties)... but either you've got one of the smallest counties in America or one of the lowest population density towns...
In response to jobe
are you sure of that? i mean i lived in some preaty small towns... it had a population of 126.. and it included an entire county...

Spuzzum B.C. has a population of 17. ;-)

If it's not the record in North America (I never actually did substantial research) then it is by far the smallest in Canada. Most Canadian towns don't have a population under 1000.
In response to Spuzzum
On 6/2/01 8:19 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Spuzzum B.C. has a population of 17. ;-)

If it's not the record in North America (I never actually did substantial research) then it is by far the smallest in Canada. Most Canadian towns don't have a population under 1000.

Is that all? I've heard of various certified towns with single-digit population counts.
In response to Leftley
Is that all? I've heard of various certified towns with single-digit population counts.

But in Spuzzum's case, it hasn't grown at all.

I'm assuming the other cases are because they were stillborn and then shrunk...? If not, an example would quickly correct my belief. =)