ID:1994580

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
What determines the background and foreground color of prompt when using old .dmf file without any webclient files?

The text inputs in my game have black background and foreground resulting in invisible text, I'm not sure where it pulls that setting from.

I should note that main window background is also black even though it's grey in dreamseeker but it's not like I defined anything, it also doesn't look all that bad or cause any problems but might be related.
Best response
What's your skin look like?
Same as default byond with a bunch of other windows and minor changes. Map on one side and info and output on the other.

EDIT: if it makes it any easier you can just take a look at the file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51176364/potinf.dmf
In response to Lummox JR
I shouldn't be laughing so much at you accidentally writing amazing double entendres, but dammit I'm still a child at heart.

CAN'T CHANGE OLD .DMF FILES IF YOU'RE BLACK, SON.
I actually placed it in a different project just now to see if it'd look the same and it was white, the blackness was all gone so I'm assuming something in a different file is causing it.

I'm unsure what, winset() calls the game have don't seem to toy with color.
Turns out there was a client script

client
script = "<STYLE>BODY {background: black; color: white; font-family: Arial,sans-serif}a:link {color: #3636F5}</STYLE>"

In dreamseeker this only effected the output, in webclient it effected more resulting in black backgrounds in a lot of elements.

Unsure if this is intentional or not.
Yeah, it's more or less intentional. The interface is meant to use the output's color scheme by default.
My only problem with that is that while everything changed accordingly text inputs kept their black foreground color, the black on black got me to look into it.
If you specified black as the input color, that'd be why. If it's "none" it'll use the default.

I really want to improve the skin editing at some point so that the default color is an option for all colors in all skin controls, because the current button-and-checkbox method is kind of annoying.