ID:2068471

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Every time I attempt to, for example take something off another person or click on one of the consoles on space station 13 dream seeker stops working then it will start back up again after a few seconds.
If someone could help me that would be great.
That sounds like something is just very, very poorly programmed and is using up a lot of CPU. It hangs for a second to process, then finishes processing and lets you do something again. Because this is game specific, you should take it up with the developers of whatever build of SS13 you're playing.
So there is not real fix for this problem?
In response to Sandvik5
If it's a game-specific problem, there is but it's on the SS13 devs and not the BYOND devs. Right now the situation you're in is like going to the engineer who designed your car and asking why the new AC you just had installed is making a clicking noise.
In response to Popisfizzy
Best response
Actually it's more like going to the engineer who designed a great deal of the car, but based it on an earlier-generation model and still has no idea what the axial deframbulator does.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
but based it on an earlier-generation model and still has no idea what the axial deframbulator does.

And from this point on, the guts of the compiler shall be known as the axial deframbulator.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
but based it on an earlier-generation model and still has no idea what the axial deframbulator does.

And from this point on, the guts of the compiler shall be known as the axial deframbulator.

I approve!
Ya, it sounds like they are having an issue with tgui or nanoui.

This is a javascript heavy interface that does realllllly well for modern computers, but poorly for older computers.

Sandvik5 from the lobby go to setup character, and go to game options, and see if there is a nanoui or tgui style button, change that to no frills.

I'm assuming (by the fact that strip character triggers it, as most code bases haven't fancified that) that this is /tg/station.

Edit: ya, it is, I can see they connected to our servers today. so go to setup character from the lobby, or use the game preferences verb in the preferences tab, and open up the game preferences tab in the window that opens, and click the tgui style button (3rd or 4th on the left column) until it changes from fancy to "no frills"
I am not sure where you are talking about, so say I get on to the yogstation can you give me step by step instructions on how to get there?
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
Ya, it sounds like they are having an issue with tgui or nanoui.

This is a javascript heavy interface that does realllllly well for modern computers, but poorly for older computers.

Sandvik5 from the lobby go to setup character, and go to game options, and see if there is a nanoui or tgui style button, change that to no frills.

I'm assuming (by the fact that strip character triggers it, as most code bases haven't fancified that) that this is /tg/station.

Edit: ya, it is, I can see they connected to our servers today. so go to setup character from the lobby, or use the game preferences verb in the preferences tab, and open up the game preferences tab in the window that opens, and click the tgui style button (3rd or 4th on the left column) until it changes from fancy to "no frills"

if this is yogstation i couldn't help you, go to yogstation's forum and ask them, they don't use tgui or if they do, they never imported fancy and no frills
Although this is a different version in play, have you ever considered looking at whether TGUI can be optimized? JavaScript can underperform in all sorts of strange ways, but many of those can be handled.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Although this is a different version in play, have you ever considered looking at whether TGUI can be optimized? JavaScript can underperform in all sorts of strange ways, but many of those can be handled.

In response to Lummox JR
How can I do this? Sorry about all the questions.
In response to Sandvik5
My question was directed at MrStonedOne.
Most of it is in a library, we use javascript compiled templates, so opening is slow and complex, but updates to a screen are stupidly fast and only re-draw changed parts of the dom.