Yeah, The Thing was the one with Kurt Russell in Antarctica.

One of my personal favourites, as soon as I saw it about three years ago.

The Fungus Among Us makes more sense now, too. ;-)
Virus, bacteria, or fungus? In the original movie, I think the Thing was a plant-based humanoid that used humans to fertilize the greenhouse for its babies. It was still an alien though.
Yep, the Howard Hawks Thing was a vegetable (and possibly the Campbell Thing in "Who Goes There?" -- it's been a long time since I read it). Both of those are quite respectable works, but if you haven't seen the John Carpenter Thing -- and you have a pretty strong stomach -- I recommend it. It was pretty much a box-office dud when it came out in the theatres, but since then it's developed a large and deserved following.

JT, glad you finally saw it! I should look around for TFAU... I had some pretty decent graphics drawn up for it, and the new (well, not so new now) enhanced sound support would probably fix the problem that stopped me way back when.

Could the Blob beat the Thing? Let's pray we never have to find out. (Actually I think this was a WWW "Grudge Match" at one time.)
Stop talking about things eating flesh. It's bad manners.
Stop talking about things eating flesh. It's bad manners.

It's bad manners to eat flesh (well, human flesh at least), I'll grant you that. But how will the viruses and bacteria ever know unless we speak frankly about it?
Page: 1 2