ID:220946

Keywords: ass, booty, instance, sweat
(See the best response by Flame Sage.)
In my game I want to have a character creation and intro cut scenes with the person's character. I was wondering how would you create instances so the players can't see each other in these cut scenes. I've seen this done in the game NEStalgia pretty well.
Best response
You can set the different players invisibility.
You can also use the SIGHT variable.
Depends on what scene you're playing out.
IMD wrote:
In my game I want to have a character creation and intro cut scenes with the person's character. I was wondering how would you create instances so the players can't see each other in these cut scenes. I've seen this done in the game NEStalgia pretty well.

You can do this with the Visibility Groups library. The library lets you put mobs in groups and you can control which groups each player can see. You can create a group for each player so all NPCs needed for the cutscene are assigned to that player's group.

You can also use the Map Instancing library. With that you can create a separate copy of the map for each player so you don't have to limit what players see. Every player sees every mob, you're just putting each player on their own z level for the cutscene.

Flame Sage wrote:
You can set the different players invisibility.

The problem with that is that players with a higher visibility setting can see things with a lower visibility setting. You couldn't create two groups of mobs where one player only sees one group and the other player only sees the other group - one player would see one group and the other player would see both groups.