No mention of multi-keying. :/
No mention of multi-keying. :/
From what I hear it's a unwritten rule.

Even if it was only a one time instance, 4 months ago.

But OPs are allowed to do it.
You know, wizkidd, you need to make these rules stricter. Your OPs are still interpreting them however they want.
Airjoe wrote:
You know, wizkidd, you need to make these rules stricter. Your OPs are still interpreting them however they want.

You would've preferred being banned by Unknown Person for:

[Jan 11 22:30] Airjoe: Example of Canadian rubbish.
[Jan 11 22:31] Airjoe: Canadians suck.

...rather than being muted?
I have finals next week and then I'm leaving the next week during a break to visit colleges, but the weekend after, I do plan on looking carefully over these comments and changing the rules according to the ones I agree with. Then, I'll implement the rules as part of the program (perhaps by adding a feature enabling founders of any channel to write rules for that channel).

Could you please be more specific? If you're talking about the instance Hiead's referring to, I disagree. Making rules as to what is and isn't acceptable seems to me the only reasonable thing to do, but making rules on punishment severity isn't practical, as every case is too different. For example, you'd probably agree that a fifth offense should be treated more harshly than a first offense, but it's more complicated than that. Shouldn't the degree of increased harshness depend on the nature of the offenses and on prior warnings as well? It isn't very easily codified, and ultimately, I think that choosing OPs whose judgment I trust is the best approach there.
My point is that the only rule I could've possibly violated is "...feel free to debate whatever he's saying that you disagree with, but don't attack the person himself.". However, I wasn't attacking Crashed, but his example. (At least until the "Canadians Suck" thing, but that's been a joke since the old Chatters days and everyone knows it.). If I should be muted for what I said, Crashed should be muted as well for insulting YMIhere's example originally.

Funny how Unknown Person, a canadian, only mutes me when I "break" the "rules", but not Crashed, a fellow canadian, hmm?

How does Crashed respond to my comments, which he knows are obvious jokes? Screams GM and says he's "tired of [my] shit". Really, wizkidd, I ask, why the hell can't he ignore me? It would be much easier to type in "/ignore "airjoe" than to type "Wizkidd has new rules! BAN AIRJOE I'M TIRED OF HIS SHIT!"

Honestly though, I couldn't care less.

I've said what I have to say, and won't be responding here or in wiz_chat again.
Airjoe wrote:
However, I wasn't attacking Crashed, but his example.

I don't know what this "example" is, (nor YMI's, for that matter), but insulting Canadians is somewhat of an attack on Canadians, doubly so when directed towards Canadians.

(At least until the "Canadians Suck" thing, but that's been a joke since the old Chatters days and everyone knows it.).

Jokes are considered rule violations:
- Basically, I want to allow as much freedom of discussion as possible, but I don't want
the full extent of that (eg, racist jokes).
- I don't want racism/homophobia/anti-semitism/sexism. That includes jokes.

-------------
If I should be muted for what I said, Crashed should be muted as well for insulting YMIhere's example originally.

Funny how Unknown Person, a canadian, only mutes me when I "break" the "rules", but not Crashed, a fellow canadian, hmm?

I was on the verge of muting you when I came in, per the reports of your rule violation, but I hesitated for not having witnessed it first hand (I entered, and people started spouting out about it), and UP (who would've had the chat log on-screen) took care of it.

The good news of this is that now I have some backing if I feel the need to mute someone that goes all anti-American (different if they are anti-America, as that is more based at the country than its people). Other nationalities too, but it seems to me like America is one of the largest targets of this kind (even from some Americans...).
this is a mess
Hey wizkidd, I wonder if you remember me, shit it's been years since we talked I haven't talked to you since GM Icon Chatterz, just saying what's up.

Either way, the rules, you can should put more up.
Page: 1 2