ID:2548

So it's been fairly difficult to find good Nintendo DS games as of late. Nothing has really "sticken my fancy." So... after re-watching the E3 demo and reading some reviews on "Electroplankton" I decided to go ahead and purchase it last night. Don't ask me why. It does look extremely entertaining... however, it's all in japanese. Wow. No, I don't speak/read/comprehend japanese. Maybe i should have asked this BEFORE i bought it, but, has anyone here messed with it? It seems cool...
Meh... Kirby game is supst to pwnage... i wouldent know... i tricked my mom into buying me a psp AND 100$ worth of psp stuff
Tricked is definately the right word when buying the hunk of junk that is the PSP.

You must have used some pretty clever jedi mind tricks to make her want to go against common sense that much. ;)
agreed. you know, i was reading an article comparing the DS to the PSP yesterday, and one part of it really stood out for me...
the guy was talking about how "cool" and "sleek" the psp looks, especially in comparison to the DS, and brought up the point, that, unless you live in upper suburbia rich-kid neighborhood, (and even still then) your PSP just looks too attractive to carry around on the bus/inside burger king/etc. Shit, in the neighborhood i grew up in, scrawny white boys like me didnt even want to wear NEW SHOES on the bus, let alone carry around a 300$ little beauty like the PSP. See, the point is that Nintendo DS' ugliness, (although i think it's pretty, it's definately not as pretty as the PSP) makes it much less attractive-looking to steal. Not only that, but people who are into the whole "50 cent gangsta gangsta" bullshit, don't even WANT Nintendo DS' because of all the PSP media hype, and the lame little kids talking about how Nintendo "sucks" etc.
Just thought that was an interesting point. If you dont feel safe carrying around your "portable gaming system," then it's not really "portable" at all, is it?
I am not intrested in either. I will stick with my dusty unused Game Cube, I hear that a good Hulk(Comic Version) game is coming out with actually more then ten levels(I think 30+) and over 40 missions. Then theres a Sonic Package coming out for GCN that has Sega Saturn, Sega CD, and Sega Pocket games... We are missing Dream Cast games.. ;(

Git-R-Done
ooooh the hulk sounds cool... man i gotta tell ya, if you like comic book games, though, you GOTTA check out killer7 (speaking of that dusty unused gamecube,) DUDE its like a bad ass comic book... only you get to play it... and it has bad ass sound and music...
I have never read a comic once in my life. o_o
OH I have a filthy PS2 rotting somewhere also, I only have like one ps2 game for it.
The Sony PSP and the Nintendo DS both have their strong points and their weak points. Curretnly they both have a crappy game library. Out of both Systems (Yes I have both, I bought with my own hard earned money...)

Out of both, I only have one or 2 games together.

The Sony PSP is pretty powerful for its size, but I dont like the UMD Disks, the cases are easy to break, and it has a bad battery life. Add in the fact it is very fragil and you got a poor handheld.

The Nintendo DS is a bit bigger, but with that bulk, you get a much more stonger system, physaly. You can drop this baby on a cement floor and it'll be fine, I dont think you can get away with that with the Sony PSP.

Not only that, since it already supports GBA games and is about $100.00 cheaper then the Sony PSP, its literlly pwning the market right now.

It is out selling the Sony PSP in Japan by itself, and the Nintendo DS and the Gameboy advanced Together outsell the Sony PSP in the States here.

Time and time again, the past has shown us, no matter how cool a system may look, or how strong it is, in the end, a portable that is both affordable, strong and fun will sell, while that urber expensive system rots away in the corner.

The Sony PSP IS good for homebrew though, nothing better then playing Super R-Type on my Sony PSP.

Anyways. Elctro Plankton is nothing more then a artifical life sim, where you bother the virtual plankton on your screen by touching it, and speaking into your mic. I never bothered to buy it. You should have read the entire review or did a background check.

Games I do suggest are:
Kirby Canvas Curse
Yoshi's touch N Go
Mario 64X4
Rayman DS
Mr.Driller SPirits
Wario Ware Twisted

And theres more then a few GBA games to get you through those nights.
My DS's bottom screen is all oily and fucked up (came like that) and it's past it's warranty to get a new one. Sucks.
As of right now(IMHO), there is no real reason to actually own DS. Later on Final Fantasy 3(jap)is suppose to be coming over here along side the new Castlevania DS. I'll more than likely won't get it for just 2 games.In the future DS emulation will probably be good and I'll just download the games. My two cents on it.
Alot of good DS games are coming out in November. I highly reccomend ACDS and even higher if you have a decent internet connection. Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime:Hunters Don't look bad either.
If your secure in your masculinity, get Nintendogs in august.

A few good games out right now are:
Kirby Canvus Curse.
Yoshi T&G
Feel the Magic:XX/XY
Super Mario 64 DS

Lots of good things have been said about Nanostray and Meteos too.
In the future DS emulation will probably be good and I'll just download the games. My two cents on it.

Uh, touch screen anyone? You can't freaking emulate the DS, plus a mouse would SUCK as a stylus. No pressure...no control (the stylus lets you move really, REALLY fast)
Elation:I can do without the touch screen =/
Well, currently I have WarioWare Touched!, Madden '05, Mario64DS, Spiderman2, and now ElectroPlankton, (which all kick SERIOUS ass) and I also ordered Nanostray... Meteos looks awesome, but I just dont know if its worth 50-60$ at this point to me for a puzzle game...
ElectroPlankton is AWESOME by the way, and, to me, one of it's strongest points is simply this: GREAT conversation piece. This game can be enjoyed by children and adults alike with VERY little explanation... My buddy's 5 year-old daughter was rocking it within seconds of being handed the DS and has never played a video game in her life... pretty cool. The only thing to be said about ElectroPlankton is: Fun game, but... if only i were still young enough to feel confident mentally with doing hallucinogenic drugs still... WOW. Would be a trip-and-a-half on acid. Guaranteed. ESPECIALLY if you'd never played it before, and were exploring it for the first time while trippin.
Soda, I'm very disappointed with your comment about waiting for a DS emulator... :( You've made me very sad there, my friend. :(
nesso: I dont know what ACDS is... maybe i do, but i just can't place it right now?
For those who have been commenting on *upcoming* DS games... yes, yes I know, but the point of this post was about games that are out right now. Obviously, though, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Mario Kart, and CASTLEVANIAAAAAAA are going to pwn all, though.
...Hope Nanostray is as awesome as I think it's going to be... Anyone here play it yet?
p.s. Elation: Sorry to hear about your DS man. That's tragic.
Soda:
Elation:I can do without the touch screen =/

No you cant. Some games need the touch screen. :P