ID:26052

Keywords: video
Here's another brilliant mistreatment of a series. Let's take a series where continuity is its defining trait and then air the first four episodes at an odd time. That's what FOX decided to do with 24. They then had the nerve to offer the DVD early and tell people to go buy it to figure out what happened.

I couldn't find any episodes in the main multimedia newsgroup. I'm currently downloading from a newsgroup dedicated to 24. The only files available are high definition ones. My computer stutters and RoadRunner did a 180 by deciding to store things longer in exchange for slower downloads. It's going to take multiple hours for me to get a single episode. I'm then going to have to pause and reset every few minutes in order to keep the sound in sync.
I'm half mad that they are showing 24 at the same time as Heroes (Mondays at 9:00 PM). This makes a ton of people have to choose what show to watch. I'm a fan of both Heroes and 24, and it was a horrible time schedule to put it at. Although I am only half mad because I can record both at the same time with my Rogers PVR.
Go download it on iTunes.
Personally, I figure 24 is one of those things I can do without.

You kinda lose all interest when they start talking about amnesia. A soap opera with guns is still a soap opera. ;-)
SilkWizard: Unfortunately, I can't use iTunes. I have an old computer with Windows 98SE.

Jtgibson: When was there amnesia?
*sob* But Jeremy, you don't understand! Jack is carrying the terrorist's baby!
After all of that downloading of the first episode, the file uses x264 and a new version of Matroska. I can get Mplayer to accept the file, but the video can't keep up. Tools that would allow me to convert are out of date. Tools that are not out of date will not run on my computer.
ACWraith wrote:
Jtgibson: When was there amnesia?

I only watched one of the episodes 'cause I thought the whole premise was a bit forced to begin with. Nothing against Kiefer Sutherland, since I think he's a good actor, but the whole theme just didn't click with me.

I heard someone online talk about amnesia at one point or another and that totally cinched it for me... I never actually watched enough of the show to get into it or actually witness anything about amnesia, but after hearing that I wasn't about to start. =)
I managed to get the decent version of the new season's first episode through a torrent. Nice, small versions of the other episodes seem available through torrents as well. Before RoadRunner's changes, USENET would have seemed the better option to me, but now there is little difference in speed.

Jtgibson: No pun intended, but I don't recall amnesia in the earlier seasons. I admit that there is some ridiculous stuff though. For instance...

SPOILER: In the season six premiere, the main character is handcuffed to a chair and being tortured. Everyone except for a single guard leaves the room. The main character tricks the guard into coming close by pretending to be dead. The main character then gets the key to the handcuffs off of the guard by... killing him with a bite through the jugular.