ID:267756

I'm running two XP Pro Machines over my network.

The main PC has an ADSL modem, etc connected and I connect on my PC via the network...

Is their any way to configure it so I can have just the one port open OVER THE NAT (not a firewall, ignore them completely)

Rushyo
search for port closers on google? ..-.o;;; -shrugs- ... o.o;
In response to Karasu Kami
-_- once again you failed to read the little ASCII based characters on the screen.
In response to Da_Rushyo
or did i? O_o;; xD
In response to Da_Rushyo
It depends on the software that you're using to share your internet connection.
Da_Rushyo wrote:
I'm running two XP Pro Machines over my network.

The main PC has an ADSL modem, etc connected and I connect on my PC via the network...

Is their any way to configure it so I can have just the one port open OVER THE NAT (not a firewall, ignore them completely)

If you mean one port for both computers, then no. The router has to know where to send incoming traffic. But you can configure the router to do port forwarding to certain machines.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
There's the thing. I ain't got a router.... it's somehwere in the network setup that's doing it.
In response to Da_Rushyo
You probably have two network cards in one of the computers. The one network card connects to the modem, and the other one to the other computer. You're probably using some form of windows Internet Connection Sharing to share the internet between the computers, which is generally lousy and un-configurable(I think). There are programs(some free) that let a computer share its internet connection and let you forward ports, etc. Unfortunately I can't think of any names...