ID:275324

Ok, I'm having a little trouble with wine, I go to the section for binaries, and I look under the part that's for Mandrake 9.1, and I find two options. Something like Easy Switch or something for MS office, and one for Games, I tryed the one for MS office, but it just gave me a weird file I had never seen before, and when I go to the Games website, it says I have to be a member (which cost $) to download... And I can't get the BYOND linux to work at all...so I'm just lost...
Lol. I got the impression you were an alcohalic.
Well the game vesrion you are refering to is WineX, which is a pay one.. and if you are on linux, you really should download and compile the sources, not the binaries... if you do not know how.. its the same for 99% of source releases for linux apps:

- open a console
- go to the source directory
- "./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3" (you don't NEED to add prefix unless you want it to run on yoru desktop manager without browsing to the directory.
- "make"
- "su root" (for system-install, optional)
- "make install"

As far as byond not working.. you must run it in a console. If you are a total newbie, remember that you must prefix commands with ./ (./ = current directory). So, for example, after instalilng linux byond, I say "./dreamseeker".. Just remember byond in linux is all text (for now anyway!)
In response to Dreq
I am a complete newbie, and I didn't really follow that well, so, could you tell me if there is a program that does that for me maybe?
In response to Dragon of Ice
Linux is very much a "hands on" operating system, so if there was a program that automated this for you, Dreq would have mentioned that.

Take the time to learn the power of Linux, and then you will understand better what he has posted!

:)