Lummox JR wrote:
A game can't just be taken off a main guild's listings unless it absolutely doesn't belong there. The real question is whether rips should be listed as featured games or not.

I don't think they should. It would just bring in negative attention between the current userbase, and the users of the future.

The current users will continue the war on eachother, "You stole my souce!", "You stole my game!", "You haxed me!", etc etc

While, the new users, seeing rips being a featured game, would just think, "This place sucks, all these people have no creativeness at all. All they do is copy/steal from eachother, then point fingers".

I say just keep them in thier respective guilds, but shove them way to the back of the list, or make a subguild/subsection for the rips.

Dead_Demon wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
A game can't just be taken off a main guild's listings unless it absolutely doesn't belong there. The real question is whether rips should be listed as featured games or not.

I don't think they should. It would just bring in negative attention between the current userbase, and the users of the future.

The current users will continue the war on eachother, "You stole my souce!", "You stole my game!", "You haxed me!", etc etc

While, the new users, seeing rips being a featured game, would just think, "This place sucks, all these people have no creativeness at all. All they do is copy/steal from eachother, then point fingers".

I say just keep them in thier respective guilds, but shove them way to the back of the list, or make a subguild/subsection for the rips.

Yea... what he said ^^ No rips!
As I've said multiple times already, rips will be listed, but they will never become featured games...
Should schmould, DD; it's policy. The official guilds are catch-alls. Ideally, every game on BYOND should be listed in one (and only one) official guild. BYOND Anime can draw the distinction between good games and crap by not letting rips become featured games. Unofficial guilds are not bound by any such policy, and can be more selective (or less!) in both their general listings and their featured games.
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
As I've said multiple times already, rips will be listed, but they will never become featured games...

I See Nbotls as a featured game. Way to contradict yourself. And its been proven that game is a rip.
Actually, NBotLS is not flagged as a Featured game (and in fact, in the list editing page, it has the little button next to it that would let me set it as a Featured game if I wished to), but is being displayed in that box regardless, for whatever reason...

It's apparently some sort of bug in the site software... I just fixed it by removing the game from the listing entirely, then re-adding it... For some reason, that kicked the Featured games box back down to listing only 6 games (the number of games that are flagged as Featured), instead of 7...

So anyways, I don't know how or why it was in that box, but it shouldn't have been...
ah, well that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Next thing on my agenda is to get GOA up there :o

(come play SSGokuX :3)
woot woot thnx SSGokuX game is now ranked number 2 in anime gathering in as much players as can looking out for that Number 1 spot But my bro Dan is doing well on his end but lol im commin for u Dan xD

- Come Check It Out SSGokuX, u tell me ur there and we'll host a party in your honor xD -

Satsuna No Hikari AKA ! MastaKev !
;) bring it kev
You fail.
Page: 1 2 3