ID:2889701

Resolved
BYOND Version:515.1614
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 117.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

I get this is a very vague report, I'm submitting it now in case anybody else experiences it and has better information.

After saving and compiling my project then going to bed, I awoke the next morning to the last file I worked in being nulled out. Unfortunately, I do not have a backup of this file, so I have to eat it, and readd the turfs that were erased.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Unfortunately, there is nothing I did out of the ordinary, except for save, and compile before shutting down my PC for the evening. I left the project open as I powered off my computer, so this may have potentially affected it?

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Project to close safely, and reopen.

Actual Results:
DME is corrupted, and last open code file is nulled out (image below)

https://i.imgur.com/BX2VPza.png
This is after re-adding all of the files back to the project tracker.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? This is the second time this has happened, but I thought the first time to be to be of my own mistake.
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Did not happen in 1615 or prior to the best of my knowledge.

Workarounds:

1615 hasn't been released yet. There also haven't been any changes in 1614 that would impact the code editor.

The issue you're having strongly suggests you have a problem with your hard drive.
Whoops, I had 15 on my mind when I wrote that, I meant 1613.
And if that were the case, then it would have happened both on an SSD and a HDD, as this also occurred on my C:\ Drive in another project. I'll see what I can find out by testing additionally, but this happens when the project isn't closed by exiting the editor safely.
To note: This has occurred again, the drive from the image above was my D:\ HDD, but this occurrence happened on my NVMe C:\ drive:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/ 1155922267050627092/1157116523819835422/ image.png?ex=6517703d&is=65161ebd&hm=53b31431e8c95c9a3ef7193 9a69032bf36b2c61be288463bc9f59c3cacf57b74&=&width=1340&heigh t=589

I've started using VScode after the last incident, and luckily a timeline was saved up until I closed it out at around 9pm, and opened the project in Dream Maker. My last save in dream maker was at 10:35 PM, and when I closed everything out, it corrupted the last file I had open in the tabs.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
This can be closed out. I’ve noticed similar issues happening with other engines now which means both of my drives were failing.
Lummox JR resolved issue