ID:2892432

Resolved
There was no obvious way to turn off the global sound environment once it was set. Now setting environment to a number below -1 will turn it off.
BYOND Version:515
Operating System:Windows 11 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 118.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

3D audio played simultaneously with non-3D audio, will apply the 3D audio's environmental EQ to the non-3D audio.

test case provided on Discord.

Expected Results:
non-3D audio to remain non-3D without having altered EQ settings.

Actual Results:
the opposite of the above.

Workarounds:
None that i'm aware of.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
There was no obvious way to turn off the global sound environment once it was set. Now setting environment to a number below -1 will turn it off.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:

I feel as though there is a misunderstanding of the bug i've reported. I do not see how this resolution at all fixes or addresses the reported issue.

As per the reference:
Changes the environmental reverb for all 3D sounds until another environment is specified. Only 3D sounds react to the environment.
If these values are all set to 0, you should set environment if you want to treat it as a 3D sound. Otherwise BYOND will assume this is meant to be a non-3D sound such as music or the interface.

The music is not 3D, and should not be reacting to environmental EQ at all.
The documentation states that non-3D sounds should not be affected by the environment settings of 3D sounds at all.

This bug fix does not appear to resolve the issue that was found.
Ah, I see what you mean.

Probably the reason for this is I removed an internal distinction between 3D and non-3D when the sounds load into memory. Probably I should find a way to re-add that.