ID:2908987

Hello,

I'm interested in seeing what you guys (developers) are working on in terms of projects, the soon-to-be-published game, or anything in general (IN BYOND).

There will be three prizes for the most exciting project.

First: 50$

Second: 25$

Third: 25$

Winners will be decided on January 26, 2 PM (GMT)

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!

https://www.byond.com/games/Albro1/SoulsOfRebirth

One of my attempts at rebuilding Souls of Chaos in my own way for the nostalgia is finally coming along far enough to warrant advertising development.

I've been working on Pondera as a passion project for more than a decade by myself. Inspired by Wurm online and Diablo 2.

https://www.byond.com/games/AERProductions/Pondera
Hey Koz how do I link a screenie? I want to show the thing I'm workin on
I've still been working on FEED! I've made some pretty significant progress in recent months, too.

I'm really proud of my progress so far. There's still a ways to go, but I think I'm well on my way to creating something awesome! I've been designing and remaking FEED for nearly 13 years, and after 5 major iterations, I'm finally at a point where I feel as though I'm actually doing it and have the skillset and vision necessary to bring my dream game to life.

I'm really happy with the level of polish i'm achieving. I still have a lot to do, but i'm not in any rush. FEED is my passion project and I want to make sure I do everything as best as i can.

Some mechanics I'm particularly happy with include the lighting, movement controls, core mode handler, dismemberment, weapon handler, and the physics that handle knockback and how "kinetic" things are.

The lighting supports occlusive masks, which makes such a big difference. The core mode handler is what handles the worlds' game mode, and the rules and behaviors that go with it. Different game modes dramatically alter how the whole game runs, and the game mode can be switched during runtime, which is super neat! There's three primary game modes planned including CLASSIC (wave based survival), SANDBOX (sandbox survival in a procedurally generated map), and PVP (deathmatch, team deatchmatch, etc.)

Dismemberment is something i'm really proud of. Player arms and legs can be individually dismembered and losing limbs has a significant impact on your gameplay. Losing legs will slow you down (33% per leg). Losing arms can determine what weapons you're able to use. Some weapons are two-handed (ex. rifles) and cannot be equipped or used without both arms. However, one-handed weapons (ex. pistols) can still be used if the player still has one arm.

Recently did the first multiplayer alpha test and it went really well. I plan on doing some more multiplayer testing in the coming months!

Sounds next level Kumorii, I totally relate to how you feel with your passion project bro.

I remember when feed came out also so it'll be interesting to see how the zombies have "evolved" (im a massive walking dead fan so zombies gets me automatically interested)
This isn't written 100% in DM but it is a BYOND project.

byondLua is an Lua embedding project for BYOND, allowing developers and potentially users to integrate Lua scripting into their games. The end goal is to have built-in support for all BYOND features and have them accessible in Lua while accounting for good performance. Potential benefits of scripting include modding capabilities for BYOND games as well as a tool for developers to debug and test their games with runtime code execution.

luaInjector is an example project that allows integrating byondLua into any existing BYOND game, including those compiled in older BYOND versions, without requiring access to source files. The video showcases 4 games made by various BYOND developers built in various BYOND versions.

An example of byondLua being used as a tool to help with development. Runtime code execution means that you can test particles, animations, filters and other visual effects without recompiling your game. After finding the right values you can then use them in your DM code. byondLua also supports calling Lua functions when procs are called or when specific DM lines are reached in debug mode.

This video showcases byondLuaJIT performance when compared to native code in a pathfinding showdown. The DM and LuaJIT versions are both using an A* pathfiding algorithm, with the LuaJIT version performing up to ~7 times better. The LuaJIT version hardly ever reached the overtime mark, and when I'm not recording a video it mostly doesn't overtime at all with up to 100 workers. This doesn't mean that Lua code will always perform better than DM since the communication from Lua to DM has a larger overhead than native DM, but clever use of it could allow for better performance in some scenarios.

HUB:
https://www.byond.com/games/Bumblemore/SolarApocalypse

So came up with an idea that just sat around in my head for a while and decided to have a shot at it. Still really early days so don't expect a full gameplay yet.

Not quite ready to put it visible yet on the HUB, but I will have a playable state ready very soon I can promise you.

By the end I want

-> The sun to burn the whole surface at day 20
-> Salvaging the surface at night when its cool using metal firesuits
-> Underground farming
-> Ability to build your own underground shelter

Let's see how far I can go in the next few weeks. Feeling good about this

-B
In response to Bumblemore
Bumblemore wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/QjrYxFf
(I cant get the HTML to show the screenie direct, can someone tutor me on that?)

HUB:
https://www.byond.com/games/Bumblemore/SolarApocalypse

So came up with an idea that just sat around in my head for a while and decided to have a shot at it. Still really early days so don't expect a full gameplay yet.

Not quite ready to put it visible yet on the HUB, but I will have a playable state ready very soon I can promise you.

By the end I want

-> The sun to burn the whole surface at day 20
-> Salvaging the surface at night when its cool using metal firesuits
-> Underground farming
-> Ability to build your own underground shelter

Let's see how far I can go in the next few weeks. Feeling good about this

-B
Here you go.

just type <\img src="linkhere"\> without the \
THANKS LIGE!! Legend. Working on this as we speak
Working on Ashen Sky for more than 5 years already
https://www.byond.com/games/Vallat/AshenSky

It's a game about "Zona", about this mysterious, full of unexplained phenomena place uncontrollable by humanity, inspired by "Roadside picnic" novel and "Stalker" movie by Andrei Tarkovsky

Recently I also launched a website https://ashensky.ru/
It's mostly being played by russians, but it's fully translated in english and so there are a bunch of english players too :)

We have a lot of content about it, just search "Ashen Sky" on youtube, it's also mostly in russian, but we're hardly working on expanding our playerbase

WOAH Vallat looks professional dude :)
Thanks <3
I've been working on my Pokémon RPG game, Amethyst.

The inspiration to develop Amethyst came from the older Pokémon games that were on BYOND. I wanted to build a game from the Gound up that still embodied the classic feel, but with a more immersive and modernized look.

I've been working on Sengoku Roleplay for awhile. I hosted a test at the end of last month, and I've been sinking my time into improving the game based on player feedback. The game's combat is tactical / turn based. Here's a quick gif.

Sorry for being late , I will be looking into them all January 30 2 pm GMT.

Thank you everyone that participated !
In response to Lige
The UI looks super CLEANNN!!!

Same goes to the art.

Games looks like it will be so fun to play.

First place SPOT right here !
In response to Kumorii
Really loved watching the video.

I've been following FEED for sometimes like years ago.

You have really come SO far with the project.

Second place SPOT right here !
In response to Luber
For the third spot I was really having a hard time to choose you or Ashen Sky.

I really love what your doing and the integration that your making.

So il just give you and ashen sky third SPOT place !
In response to Vallat
Third spot place !

Really enjoyed seeing the gameplay.

Very well done !
Page: 1 2