ID:2915031

Resolved
Map editor: Making a new selection with the select tool after pasting a previous selection didn't update the undo stack properly, making it impossible to undo the paste.
BYOND Version:515.1632
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
1. Select a portion of the map with the Select tool
2. CTRL+C
3. CTRL+V into some other place
4. Click somewhere else to cancel the selection
5. CTRL+Z does nothing

----

Taking advantage of the opportunity, I want to point out that the Map Editor is still useless for any complex work and it is in that state for almost a year.
Quick Deletion is still missing, Replace with dragging still occurs only for tiles etc., all reported.

Having to switch to 1581 every time there's a need in a non-dysfunctional map editor is a little frustrating.
I'll try this out later and see if I can reproduce it, but generally a problem with map editor bugs has been poor reproducibility. A number of map editor bugs have been hidden by either incomplete instructions, intermittent failures (one recent bug was intermittent and I still can't reproduce it), or just outright poor adoption. I'll definitely see if this is enough to work with in this case, and let you know what I find.

I don't know what you mean about quick deletion at all. The phrase isn't a specifically established term that just anyone in BYOND would know what it meant. If you have a feature request for whatever that is, feel free to bump it.
This becomes more reliable to produce if you paste a lot then try to undo. It seems to be possibly related to the selection box not properly re-selecting the pasted parts.

It appears more consistent if you paste a wide bit, i.e. a 5x5 square.

Notably, this is easier to replicate if you hold CTRL+V and move your mouse for a few times, then undo. Sometimes I can get it to occur with just one or two pastes, sometimes it needs more.

Essentially,
1. Copy a sizable bit, like a 5x5.
2. Paste multiple times, twice, or even three times. The more you do this, the more apparent it is. Overlapping them but not perfectly appears to reveal this bug further.
3. Attempt to undo fully. Some may undo, some may undo only partially.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Map editor: Making a new selection with the select tool after pasting a previous selection didn't update the undo stack properly, making it impossible to undo the paste.