ID:32028

Keywords: teh_internets
What the hell is up with everyone suddenly sticking i's at the start of web services? iGoogle, BBC iView or whatever the hell it's called etc.
It just winds me up, ya know?
Apple does it, Apple are successful. So everyone is trying to keep "familiar" names.

That's what I figure, anyway.
"i" was Time magazine's person of the year.

Why are you giving Two Minutes Hate to Apple, anyway? They're Microsoft's major competitor. Do you want a bigger monopoly?

By the way, you remind me of a Bad Religion lyric "I hate when I gotta tolerate"
It's not just Apple that's doing it though, which is the problem. At least 2 major groups (Google and the BBC) are following Apples trend of prefixing seemingly everything with an 'i'.
It just seems unnecessary.

Not to mention the fact that Apple seem to project themselves as 'the good guys in the fight against microsoft'. To be honest, I'm with Bill.

EDIT: Ow ow ow ow ow ow typing that hurt. But it's the truth.
Steve Jobs is pure evil, unlike Bill Gates, and this "iPenis" trend is retarded. And so is Apple.
"i" is the new "e"
Can't say I like the way Apple does business(Locking down everything they produce so that only they can work with it), but I have no problems with the iThing. I did think the iGoogle thing was stupid. I always saw the iThing like saying Internet before it, like the eThing was electronic. So saying Internet Google is completely pointless. They are an Internet only company(excluding their 411 service{(800)goog411}. iThought that Google Homepage was fine, but iGuess iWas wrong.
Hazman wrote:
Not to mention the fact that Apple seem to project themselves as 'the good guys in the fight against microsoft'. To be honest, I'm with Bill.

I'm with you on that, for the most part. I've never understood how people talk about Microsoft "stealing" stuff, when it was actually Apple who "stole" in the start.
One word... Iphone and AT&T
iDon't know. :(
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r41/Djberec/iKill.jpg

Seemed to fit the situation and I made it meself :P
iLike :-D.

That stupid iPhone. People were like 'zomg apple r making a phone it will be the god of all phones' but, as ever, the Apple-esque reality (which I like to call 'The Stroodle') is somewhat different. No third-party native apps, ridiculous price tag (particularly if you include the running costs with AT&T, see the Engadget article (can't be bothered to link. Maybe will do tomorrow.)), and to top it all off, you have to register it before you can even use the iPod mode and no-one's sure if it re-bricks if you stop using AT&T.
Hazman wrote:
People were like 'zomg apple r making a phone it will be the God of all phones'

Um...it will...

Hazman wrote:
ridiculous price tag

What do you expect? Do you see what the thing can do? Look at the MotoRazor. When it first came out, it was actually a lot more expensive than the iPhone is going to be. A little over $100 more to be exact. The Razor was over $700 when it first came out. The iPhone will be a little less than $600. In a year, the Razor dropped over $600 to $99.99. The same thing will happen with the iPhone.
I seriously doubt you can apply what happened with the Razor to what will, supposedly, happen with the iPhone. True, the cost will definitely go down. But it would be ridiculous to imagine that steep of a price drop.
iThink that the whole thing is silly. That, and iAlso think Apple should go fuck itself.
Danial.Beta - Says you! Have you heard of GoogleOS? Hell yes.

About the i[service] thing, I believe those are services that will compatible and useful with the soon-to-come Apple products, like the iPhone. Don't quote me on that, though--that's just the most sense I could make of it.
iNternet
iRaq
iFail. The suicide device of the future. Over 300 senseless weapons of self-destruction in one!
The iPhone doesnt do anything new, so I really don't understand what all the idiot mac fanboys are screaming about.

"DUDE MY IPHONE CAN PLAY VIDEO AND MUSIC!!!11!"

"Awesome. So can my 100 dollar phone."
Page: 1 2