ID:32246

Keywords: dogs, photos
Happy Birthday to Bruno - he turned 6 today.

Wait, your dogs posed for the picture before starting to eat? Amazing!
Hiead wrote:
Wait, your dogs posed for the picture before starting to eat? Amazing!

That is pretty neat. My dogs would never sit still.
His dogs are probably trained to sit at the bowl until they're given an ok command. It's a must if you have two or more dogs, especially if they eat that close together.
It's great because it helps stop them from eating food left in areas they can access (although I don't think I've ever met a dog trained well enough that it will pass up leftovers sitting on a low table when no one is around =P).

[Edit; Happy Birthday Bruno]
Freaking Great, I thought I was the only Puppy celebrating his B-day. :(
DarkView wrote:
His dogs are probably trained to sit at the bowl until they're given an ok command. It's a must if you have two or more dogs, especially if they eat that close together.

I have 3 dogs that eat together in my kitchen, and none of them bother each other or listen to any command. They just all have designated 'spots'

Aw, don't give me those puppy dog eyes.

Geddit?

Puppy dog eyes?

Because he's a dog, and he's looking at the camera with the aforementioned puppy dog eyes.
I just thought I'd mention that because it was ironic how normally you'd use that when talking to a human, but this time it's actually a dog doing it (and that is where the saying comes from- hence the reason it's called "puppy dog eyes", as opposed to "kitten cat eyes" or "foal horse eyes" or some other mammal (or even animal, really.).).

Puppy dog eyes?
Nice, but no Bruno CSS? Come on!

Also, what type of cake was that? You really have to be careful, dogs get an upset stomach easily, and that can be a mess!
last pic reminds me of Rags from Spin City. :)
We run a tight ship at our house. Before the bowls are filled with food, all three dogs must be sitting at attention just outside of the kitchen. This position is known to them as Battle Stations. Once the filled bowls are on the floor in their proper positions, they must wait for the "OK" command. Each dog then goes to the proper position and begins eating (or inhaling, as the case may be).

Normally the bowls are spaced farther apart than in these photos. The dogs were actually a little bit confused because these were not their normal positions, but they did ok. I know the dogs go by position rather than bowl size/shape/smell because Tom suggested one day that I switch the bowls around and see what happens. It was a disaster. Everyone went to the right position and therefore wrong bowl. Chaos ensued as attempts were made to get them to the proper bowls. Never again!

Anyway, having them well trained like this helps maintain order and makes good birthday photos.
Very neat.

Happy late birthday!
That's pretty much what we do. We try to make them sit and wait for an ok with pretty much any food we give them. This way they don't get into fights when I'm eating something they want. Instead of running around trying to shoo the other away they both just sit there, the older one usually drooling. =P
Before we started doing this the bigger dog would always try and push the smaller dog to the side so he could get more food. The twist is that in doing so he taught her that the tougher dog gets it's way, and now he's the weaker dog. So now he's old she just pushes him out of the way when she wants things like the better bed or the choice cat watching position.