ID:41356

Being bored and having an idea for a small RPG I want to develop. I thought I'd try my hand at the interface stuff and see if I could make something interesting out of it all.

I've come up with these two working windows so far (and procs to control them).

Should I happen to not lose interest in this idea, the character creation screen will look something like this:

And when you click on an NPC to communicate with them, you'll receive a window somewhat like this:

I'm not yet sure if I want to add in options for users to select responses to NPCs (something like Baldurs Gate). If that does happen, I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it, but I've already considered a way I'd handle it.

[Update]
I removed my windows skin - development is far easier when you know generally what all the windows are going to look like. Screenshots changed accordingly.

I also made up my character load screen:

(Please note, those are the actual names of the mobs I have savefiles for, not just names I put inside labels. This system is 90% working.)

--

Now all I need is some nice Medievil fantasy RPG-esque graphics to make my interface look nice.
That. Is. Beautiful.

Work. On. It. Now.
var/icon/I = new(usr.icon, usr.icon_state)
for(var/atom/O in usr.overlays) I.Blend(O.icon, ICON_OVERLAY)
winset(usr, "window.label", "image='\ref[fcopy_rsc(I)]'")
Cheers! Did the job nicely.
You know, one of these days I'll get the brains to actually make my RPG "Lunno". The game I've had concepts for and a name for, for the past 3-4 years.
I'm assuming this is the RPG you were telling me about on MSN. Looks great. Finish it. It looks to be a great game.
I love it how people can tell me it looks to be a great game, judging from three windows I've shown you.

If you saw what is currently defined as my main window, and the icons I'm using, you'd totally have second thoughts about those statements.
If they are stick people, then I agree with them, it is a great game.
I agree! Stick figures are so, how you say, très chic!
No, I'm not going to use stick figures. I'd rather give up then resort to using crap quality.

I'm more inclined to pay a pixel artist I know some cold hard electronically-transferred cash for quality icons.
If you want high quality environmental icons. I can make those for you for free. However, mobs I have quite a bit of trouble with.
Environment is what I'm in need of at the moment in time.