Pmitch wrote:
Using final flash didnt guarantee a direct hit, putting all his energy into that wouldve been more of a hit or miss, and still wouldve killed him. His self destructing was all he had and it was a sure fire hit. The range of the attack was so buu couldnt get away.

Final Flash could be seen from space. It's beam was longer than the Earth, and probably miles wide (could have easily been tens of miles wide actually). It would have been just as effective as a suicide explosion in terms of accuracy.

Also, Majin Buu could have ran away. Piccolo got away (and so did Krillin), so Majin Buu could have too.
Additionally, Raditz was capable of moving faster than the speed of light (according to Goku and Piccolo). Majin Buu, who was hundreds of millions of times stronger, should have been easily capable of doing the same thing, if not moving faster.
Even such a wide area, suicide attack was not a guaranteed hit, provided people managed to get out of it's attack range (while it was being charged up no less) AND Majin Buu was probably capable of moving at insane speeds.
The only reason the suicide attack even hit Majin Buu was because he did not attempt to run away.
The Magic Man wrote:
Pmitch wrote:
Using final flash didnt guarantee a direct hit, putting all his energy into that wouldve been more of a hit or miss, and still wouldve killed him. His self destructing was all he had and it was a sure fire hit. The range of the attack was so buu couldnt get away.

Final Flash could be seen from space. It's beam was longer than the Earth, and probably miles wide (could have easily been tens of miles wide actually). It would have been just as effective as a suicide explosion in terms of accuracy.

Also, Majin Buu could have ran away. Piccolo got away (and so did Krillin), so Majin Buu could have too.
Additionally, Raditz was capable of moving faster than the speed of light (according to Goku and Piccolo). Majin Buu, who was hundreds of millions of times stronger, should have been easily capable of doing the same thing, if not moving faster.
Even such a wide area, suicide attack was not a guaranteed hit, provided people managed to get out of it's attack range (while it was being charged up no less) AND Majin Buu was probably capable of moving at insane speeds.
The only reason the suicide attack even hit Majin Buu was because he did not attempt to run away.

Instant Transmission moves at the speed of light, i believe its only the crappy ocean dub that says raditz moved that fast.

Also, if final flash was so accurate, is that why vegeta told cell to stand still?

Buu had no idea as to what vegeta was doing. Had Vegeta shot a beam, hedve seen it and probably moved. SO instead he played on buus stupidity, and called his attention before he could fly after piccolo and krillin. Then, by the time buu DID realize what was happening, he was too close to get away. Piccolo and co left before vegeta even exploded btw which is why they got away.
Pmitch wrote:
Instant Transmission moves at the speed of light, i believe its only the crappy ocean dub that says raditz moved that fast.

Don't even get me started with Instant Transmission, it does not let people move at light speed, it lets them move infinitely faster.
Assuming the universe in DBZ is the same as the real universe in a sense of scale (it is suppose to be), the Oort Cloud (the edge of out solar system) is 1 light year away from the sun, which makes it just less than 1 light year away from Earth.
Goku has used Instant Transmission to go from the Earth, to King Kais planet, which is in another solar system. It would have taken Goku years (he probably would have died of old age long before getting getting to this planet) to get there... But he did it instantly.

Just ANOTHER inconsistancy in DBZ.

Also, if final flash was so accurate, is that why vegeta told cell to stand still?

I never said it was accurate. I said it's beam could clearly be seen from space. This means either the beam is miles wide (actually, would be at least 100+ miles wide), or it is yet another inconsistancy.
If it is not an inconsistancy, then the beam should have effortlessly hit, since it had a much bigger area of effect than the suicide attack.

Buu had no idea as to what vegeta was doing. Had Vegeta shot a beam, hedve seen it and probably moved. SO instead he played on buus stupidity, and called his attention before he could fly after piccolo and krillin. Then, by the time buu DID realize what was happening, he was too close to get away. Piccolo and co left before vegeta even exploded btw which is why they got away.

If he could have dodged a hundred mile wide, tens of thousands of miles long beam, he should have been easily able to dodge a several miles wide explosion, effortlessly.
This DBZ discussion ended once LG steped in `-` Dare question his answers!

On a serious note, dont forget this was intended as a kids show mostly around the age of 10-14+ above (Assumption). The writers never really thought of being continously consistent, minor details were switched time to time or indicated without being told. At the end of the day isn't the important fact that DBZ was an amazing Anime that will be remmembered throught generations and not if it was,or wasn't consistent.

Anyways lets not forget the topic is about the new naruto chapter, so lets discuss this elsewhere gentleman.
Same, I'm really glad to see Naruto finally in the scene shinning in battle. I sorta feel like this is the first time we've actually seen a REAL battle that tests Naruto's abilities since he finished training with Jiraiya. I can't wait until next week for chapter 433! =)
Page: 1 2