ID:657827

Hello there. I've just recently started hosting a game for my friend, and the game loads fine, it's after you join the game where the problem starts. While playing by myself for a little advantage, everything was working fine. When people joined, every 2-3 minutes, there is a giant lag spike. I finally looked at dream daemon when one spike ocurred. I realized it was dream daemon that was freezing, and on a repeated path. I lost players and eventually gave up on hosting it. I would like to start again, but not with continuous lag spikes.

What operating system?
I'm running on windows 7 home premium.

What did I expect?
I was hoping to 24/7 host a game using my computer but instead, I got frequent freezes from dream daemon.

What actually happened?
I started hosting, played, invited a few people, then dream daemon started freezing every 2-3 minutes.

What steps?
I've got no idea how to fix it myself. My firewall already allows byond and dream daemon, even my router is set up for hosting already.

Please help me and my friends get back to playing the game.

Thank you for your time -
JRocket
This is most likely a problem with the programming of the game.I would ask the owner to look into it.

If you could link to the hosting files we could test it out for you.
I asked him, and he said it could have been my files, so he re-hosted himself to see if he had the same problem, and nothing went wrong. After that I deleted them and asked him to resend the files. After I got it back up, the game froze again. I tried restarting my computer, no difference. So I tried hosting a different game. This game has a different time delay between each freeze, but it's still consecutive. Could it be a problem with the firewall or possibly my router? If you need the files, I'll put them in a .zip file and send to you to test them.
i have a similar (if not the same) issue with hosting my game. im testin beta for it and after a bit dream daemon stops working. it doesn't show a server error or anything. just says program has stopped working and that windows is looking for a solution.

lemme know how this is going for you
any ideas would be great
In response to Halloween14
Hi Halloween14, it sounds like your game is crashing (whereas the OP's game is just freezing temporarily).

Please start your own thread with as many specifics about your problem as possible (what game, what version of BYOND are you running, does it crash for other hosts, is the crash tied to any in-game event, did an earlier version of your game have a similar issue, ect). Also, if you can, try to get the details of the crash from Windows.