ID:74962

Resolved
Fixed
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0

This issue has been resolved.
Duplicates:id:75819
Descriptive Problem Summary: Recently I updated my Explorer. When I came onto the byond site the drop down menus seemed alittle weird.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6536/screeenf.png

When I tried to move my mouse over the menu, the menu would dissapear like I had moved my mouse off of it. The only way I can click the drop down menu is by right clicking after the menu is opened and clicking what I want.

Not sure but it is possible it could be my new explorer.

Expected Results:
For me to be able to click my drop down menus again.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime
In other user accounts?
When I signed into a different key.. yes
On other computers?
I don't think so...
Workarounds:
Right clicking and then clicking on the menu item.

This is a known issue in IE 8. While we would like to provide maximum support for all browsers, it is difficult to support IE 6, IE 7, and IE 8 all at the same time because of the way the browser is so integrated with the Microsoft shell.

While the CSS will be updated eventually to make allowances (if possible) for IE's still-horribly-bad layout engine, in the meantime there are two workarounds you can try. The first is to run IE 8 in IE 7 compatibility mode, so it will use the older layout engine. The second is to install a better browser like Firefox, which is also more secure.
Thanks Lummox JR, I'll get Firefox. :D

IE8 comes with a compatibility view that you can enable for sites which don't work or look right.

Its to the right of the address bar and looks like a green torn paper. Try clicking it and that should fix the problem.
Since IE8 is becoming mainstream now, fixing this is a priority.