ID:93986

Keywords: alive, cake, defend, still, updates
Hello, to prove Defend and I are Still Alive I've decided to post some information about one of the many features in PaperClip Productions' latest project, Defend. This feature being Classes.

Classes are pretty simple and straightforward. You can pick from 5 normal classes, which have set guns/equipment, or create a custom class, which you choose all the weapons/equipment.

Whats the advantage to this you ask?

Well, it saves you the extra 20 seconds at the game-start when other players go to crates and purchase their equipment. Sure, 20 seconds doesn't sound like a long time, but in the midst of fast-paced action you need all the time you can get.

Sounds good and all, but there's always a catch!

All equipment(including guns/ammo) have prices. Prices which add up when you pick them for your class. If you respawn/spawn and don't have enough cash for your selected class you won't get your class at all. The prices of equipment are the same in classes and ammo boxes.

How do Classes work in-battle?

Well, other than shaving that 20-or-so seconds off the start-game you can have your favorite guns instantly for battle. Classes work by each time you spawn/respawn you are automatically equipped with your class equipment, unless your don't have the funds. Once you do the cost will automatically be taken away from your cash.

Here's a pretty screenshot of the Class Menu:

Spoiler of 3-Normal Classes

The interface is still a work-in-progress, but the core functions are finished.

That's all for now. Keep an eye out for more updates.

i think it's time to stop littering every other sentence with oh-so-super-subtle portal references
Oh man I posted one link to a youtube video. Boy all of my sentences are all automatically portal references. I never knew.