ID:1468823

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Okay, so I looked up how to add friends, but there's supposed to be a search button on my Byond client, but I don't see one? Help?
Best response

You don't see that button?
Yeah, there's no search button there for me. D: I'm confused.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Shirmira/ Byondscreen_zps749c8605.png
Hi Nidelia,

It appears that your BYOND pager is not displaying correctly. This may be caused if you currently do not have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed for your computer, or if Internet Explorer is not working properly.

BYOND uses Internet Explorer for some functionality, including browser elements in games and for displaying most of the pager, even if you have another Internet browser installed.

Since it appears that you are currently running Windows XP, ensure that you are currently running Internet Explorer 8 (This can be checked by: Opening Internet Explorer > Help > About Internet Explorer) and have all updates installed (by using Windows Update).

Finally, Be sure to update to the latest version of BYOND.

Good luck!
I can't download IE 8 on XP... but thank you. I guess I'll just have to go without.
In response to Nidelia
You can download IE8 for windows XP from Microsoft's website here. IE8 is the last version of IE that can be installed on Windows XP.
Except for the fact that it's going to be using IE7 compatibility mode regardless. If IE7 is installed (and fully updated) you shouldn't need to worry about that.

As for your problem, I'm not entirely sure as I can't load the screenshot you posted on my dial-up. Sounds like you might have some luck changing the view mode to compact and back or vise versa, this might force it to redraw stuff.

If that doesn't help you can try deleting the 'pager' directory from your 'BYOND' directory located in your user-directory.