ID:179963

I was wondering if there was a way to put in a bmp file that displays when a person logs in, some one please help me......
Jotdaniel wrote:
I was wondering if there was a way to put in a bmp file that displays when a person logs in, some one please help me......

This is what I use:

• Put a bmp on the map.
  • Find the x,y,z of the bmp on the map.
  • Do this at your login:

mob/Login()
    src.loc=locate(x,y,z)//This is the location of the bmp
    sleep(50)
    src.loc=locate(x,y,z)//This is the starting location
In response to Nadrew
ill try that.....
In response to Jotdaniel
How would i make a turf show above an object?
In response to Jotdaniel
turf
thing_that_goes_above_a_mob
icon='high thing.dmi'
layer = 6
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:
turf
icon='high thing.dmi'
layer = 6

Or easier

turf
icon='high thing.dmi'
layer = MOB_LAYER+1//note:The all caps in MOB_LAYER
In response to Nadrew
hmm, im trying to put three opening screen in a row, but it will only take the mob to the first and last locations that i specify in my login code here is my login code can anyone help?

mob
Login()
world<<"<font color=blue>[src]<font color=green> has entered the world."
src.loc=locate(8,8,11)
spawn(20)
src.loc=locate(24,8,11)
spawn(20)
src.loc=locate(41,8,11)
..()

Edit: Dont pay any attention to the blue and green i forgot to take out my hmtl......
In response to Jotdaniel
Jotdaniel wrote:
hmm, im trying to put three opening screen in a row, but it will only take the mob to the first and last locations that i specify in my login code here is my login code can anyone help?

mob
Login()
world<<"<font color=blue>[src]<font color=green> has entered the world."</font>
src.loc=locate(8,8,11)
spawn(20)
src.loc=locate(24,8,11)
spawn(20)
src.loc=locate(41,8,11)
..()

Edit: Dont pay any attention to the blue and green i forgot to take out my hmtl......

You have to indent something under spawn for it to take effect. The person IS getting moved there if its a valid location, but its so fast that your eye doesnt notice it. Either replace spawn with sleep, which you DONT have to indent, or indent the loc's under the spawns

Alathon
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Lord of Water wrote:
turf
icon='high thing.dmi'
layer = 6

Or easier

turf
icon='high thing.dmi'

How is that any easier at all?
In response to Vortezz
layer = 6
Or easier

How is that any easier at all?

Not really easier, but it creates more readable code to do it the second way. One glance and you know that it will display one layer above mobs. You only get that from the first one if you've memorized which objects display on which layers.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
I think of things as layer 1,2,3,4,5,6... I never use MOB_LAYER, or FLY_LAYER.

I do have a question, though, can you use a layer 7?
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:

Yes. you can use layer 1.3 if you want. Its just a sorting methold. I wonder what layer -0.5 would do? Guess I'll have to try!
In response to Ernie Dirt
Ernie Dirt wrote:
Lord of Water wrote:

Yes. you can use layer 1.3 if you want. Its just a sorting methold. I wonder what layer -0.5 would do? Guess I'll have to try!

-0.5 would cause you to fall into the void between the layers actually I dunno I bet it does the same as one just as 6 will do the same as 7.
In response to Nadrew
well layer -1 is a special float layer, which causes overlays to be placed overtop of the icon they belong to. Say if you have a duck mob, with a nifty tuxedo for an overlay, situated on MOB_LAYER. You activate the fly verb, which moves the duck to the FLY layer. His tex will follow him.

I assume that the bit which represents the negative sign is used to control this behavior. So -0.5 should work the same as -1, but be placed under any overlays.

[=======] piece of bread; Layer -1
@@@@@@@@@ Rolls of corned beef; layer -0.5
[=======] more bread layer; 2
___________ plate; layer 1
In response to Ernie Dirt
Ernie Dirt wrote:
well layer -1 is a special float layer, which causes overlays to be placed overtop of the icon they belong to. Say if you have a duck mob, with a nifty tuxedo for an overlay, situated on MOB_LAYER. You activate the fly verb, which moves the duck to the FLY layer. His tex will follow him.

I assume that the bit which represents the negative sign is used to control this behavior. So -0.5 should work the same as -1, but be placed under any overlays.

[=======] piece of bread; Layer -1
@@@@@@@@@ Rolls of corned beef; layer -0.5
[=======] more bread layer; 2
___________ plate; layer 1

I see,I will test some stuff out I usally only use layers with overlays and overhanging cliff etc..
In response to Nadrew
Six does the same as seven? I really don't think it does... could test it, though, by putting a 6.1 and a 7 in the same square. If 6 is treated the same as 7, then the 6.1 should show above the 7.