In response to Rushnut
Well if that pokeball could even be counted as an advantage worth noting. The main focus of the game will be exploration and PvP between players. There will be 1000's of secrets across the Chubu region.

Not to mention you're assuming this game will be using the basic Pokémon formula of 3 starter choices grass/fire/water.

Oooooh pretty.

edit: DS started to crash because I was using too many appearances and it was overflowing its appearance list internally. :[ I've resolved the problem by limiting to 64 colors (RGB components have 4 tones each).

That's a bit better. I'm routing my coloring to a function called rgb_to_color() which rounds the 24-bit RGB value into 10-tone RGB components (1,000 different colors). This limits the amount of appearances, but doesn't really look all that bad either.
The new one is more of your style! I love it.

I had some fun with turf appearance shifting (moving appearances from one turf to another).

I think it's safe to say I'm having a gigantic amount of fun with this.
In response to Mr_Goober
I want get off Mr Goober's Crazy World.
In response to Mr_Goober
Listened to techno dubstep remixes while looking at that and it felt like i was high.
In response to Mr_Goober
That last one... beautiful.
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:

Very smexy
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Listened to techno dubstep remixes while looking at that and it felt like i was high.

Watching it when you're actually high is even crazier. It's lit fam
Hey there Mr. Goober, that looks super and that looks duper. Do you listen to the official soundtrack of Looper while ignoring the pooper scooper in the back of the Uber drivers Mini Cooper, leaving your mind twisted like GUITAR TUNERS?

I got scrolling on the turf map to work, so then I tested it a bit further:
In response to Tsubasa10
Tsubasa10 wrote:
http://www.byond.com/games/Tsubasa10/ShinobiSensouOnline

What's the story/lore of your game :D?
Still working on techniques for Land of fire. This week it's been all about lightning!
This is what it started out as but we weren't really satisfied with how it turned out.

Couple days of scratching our heads and we ended up with this.

I'll just slide this in here since you've all been good little boys :)

These are all Works in progress and in no way reflect their final versions in the game.
In response to Pixelcomet
Pixelcomet wrote:
sexy gifs

Looks fantastic, I'm excited :)
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:

Funky in all the right ways.

Decided to see how BYOND handled double the tile resolution (80x24). This is updating 100 tiles per tick with an FPS of 30, but it slows down to about 19-20 FPS, which is still quite impressive.

edit: BYOND doesn't like a view size that big. I think I'll go back to 40x24 tile resolution.

Reducing the tile resolution back down to 40x24 and pressing 1,000 tile changes per tick doesn't really have any impact on FPS, fortunately.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 198 199 200 201 202 ... 349 350 351