ID:1934881

(See the best response by Kozuma3.)
I want to see if i can make 1 game appear on 2 different hubs at the same time. Is it possible?
Best response
I don't believe so unless you're hosting from two different compiled host files with different hub paths.
Aw..Well this makes things alot harder xD
It is possible but you'd have to make a whole other hub path and you'd have to set a switch so you could only really have one at a time but switch then with a click of a button.
JinseiProductions wrote:
2 different hubs at the same time.

RON913 wrote:
It is possible
you could only really have one at a time
Make 2 hubs one with the game the other with a game that auto directs you to the game? Simple enough.
Make 2 hubs one with the game the other with a game that auto directs you to the game? Simple enough.

That's actually a pretty neat idea. Host one copy of the game and all it does is link() you to the proper server.
Seems right....But what will this be used for and what's the point??
I believe link() will open another dream seeker. What I've always done, is use javascript and set the window.location to a server link (this will actually redirect the current dream seeker that is running).

A draw back to this method is that the player count won't show on one of the servers. I know when I was younger I wouldn't even check a game out if it didn't have at least five players in it.
link() doesn't open another dreamseeker instance, it just migrates the client's connection on the connected instance of DS to the supplied server, or it opens an external web link in their browser.

Unfortunately, the only way to open a new instance of DS on the remote client's machine involves Javascript hacks.