ID:194610

Here thou art!

(Wow, good image size; it fits almost perfectly in the text area in 800x600.)

'Tis an actual screen shot of ye great warrior Spuzzum standing atop the barracks of Guardia city, clad in chain mail, overlooking the dark forest yonder. All the graphics were drawn by thine truly (okay, sorry, I had to... copyright ©2000 Jeremy "Spuzzum" Gibson =).

Note that this is just a preview of things to come! In no way is Haven complete...

(I've just implemented the drinks system, where you can take gulps, sips, tastes, of anything you want. Heh, don't you love realism? Note that it might be a little hazardous to your health to take a sip of the blood of a dragon. =)
Wow! Pretty nice. How's the movement speed feel?
Very nice! Makes me wanna pull together some screen shots so that I can show off a bit too... Hmmm, nah. I'll bide my time a bit longer. Boo-hoo-ha-ha!

<font face="exocet">-James</font>
In response to Tom H.
Wow! Pretty nice. How's the movement speed feel?

Do you mean that as in how does it look when I run fast? Well, I haven't put in speed restrictions, so I'd say unsmooth because it jumps to a turf per tick without smooth movement after a certain amount of time. =)

My characters also don't have movement states for all eight directions, though that's going to be changed soon. My only real problem is having to redraw my precious chain mail overlay to become moving =)
In response to Jmurph
On 9/5/00 10:42 pm jmurph wrote:
Very nice! Makes me wanna pull together some screen shots so that I can show off a bit too... Hmmm, nah. I'll bide my time a bit longer. Boo-hoo-ha-ha!

Yeah, but you use 3D software! So there!

(Eventually I'll learn how to use 3D software too (I'm taking a Multimedia course in school this year), so we'll see who has better graphics! (You will, probably ;-))
Note that this is just a preview of things to come!

That's a relief -- for some reason I interpreted the wording of your Cosmos Engine announcement to mean "I'm going to finish that and then never write another game" --

And no, this isn't a precursor to one of my new games, because I've decided not to make any more besides the Cosmos Browser-Based Strategy Engine [snip]

But now in the cold darkness of 6:24 am I see that you were just referring to adding new games to the list. That's a relief! :)

Anyway, the graphics look great. Keep it up!
In response to Guy T.
That's a relief -- for some reason I interpreted the wording of your Cosmos Engine announcement to mean "I'm going to finish that and then never write another game" --

Well, that would be awfully foolish of me, now, wouldn't it? As soon as BYOND is about to hit the continents by storm, I suddenly ditch everything and go learn C++ instead? Pshaw! I joined this thing, I'm going to follow it through to the end! =)

Besides Zilal, Theodis, James, AbyssDragon, and Jesse, who were around DUNG 1.0 era, I'm one of the longest running DUNG/BYOND goers.

I wonder why Kregi disappeared... he has seniority, too. And I'd enjoy a bit of CATs competition; it'd make me work harder to finish it earlier. =)
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/6/00 12:55 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Besides Zilal, Theodis, James, AbyssDragon, and Jesse, who were around DUNG 1.0 era, I'm one of the longest running DUNG/BYOND goers.

I think I appeared shortly after 2 came out, so you've got me beat!

Z
In response to Zilal

Oh, well, I stand corrected, then. (Woohoo! ;-)
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/7/00 3:40 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Oh, well, I stand corrected, then. (Woohoo! ;-)

heh Well few beat me since I've been around since before recorded history(before the first forum was up for DUNG). So anyone around besides the developers that have been around before then also :)?