ID:258193

No weapon yet, and I kept him in the same tabard. Got the picture off google..Undead Rouge from World of Warcraft. Anyways, I figured it would be something a little different from hollows for a second. Anyways, C&C welcome, as usual.

I plan on making walking states and everything, but I'm going to kill myself over the other directions.
Well before we even get into the pillow shading and color issues, there's some anatomy issues.

You can kinda use that rogue render as a guide (I say kinda, because he's not facing forward).

His waist is much higher, he's hunched over so his head is lower, and his head isn't so rounded. It's more oval like in shape. His boots are flared and the first pads on his shoulder guards pop up and out more.
In response to AmonR
Not sure what inspired me to pillow shade, I think it was because it made his knees look good, so I went and did it to the shoulder-pads and underamour too. Completely reshaded everything but the face...I just reshaped it a little.
Also balanced out the pallet..
In response to KashikoiMeisai
KashikoiMeisai wrote:
Not sure what inspired me to pillow shade, I think it was because it made his knees look good, so I went and did it to the shoulder-pads and underamour too. Completely reshaded everything but the face...I just reshaped it a little.
Also balanced out the pallet..

Nice, your shape is good. Now on to color/shading.

You want to avoid just making the same simple gradient on everything, it doesn't help remove the flatness and mixes up where the light source really is. Pay attention to how light hits things and where shadows are casted, they're not usually that simple. The render probably won't help too much in the shading area because it seems like the light source is everywhere, like it's being seen in a model viewer. Ditch the gradients and focus on adding flat shadows and AA. Don't even worry about dithering yet. Also, contrast would help.

In response to AmonR
Yet another extremely helpful edit. I kept the same mask and boots..I can change the mask if you don't want me using it, but the boots are the shit. >_>

Added shiney to the Armour, and made two different styles of the tabard. I tried to make one look like...wrinkley cloth, but I had no idea what I was doing. Also, I made the gloves sort of like the boots. Looking better? =D
KashikoiMeisai wrote:
Yet another extremely helpful edit. I kept the same mask and boots..I can change the mask if you don't want me using it, but the boots are the shit. >_>

Added shiney to the Armour, and made two different styles of the tabard. I tried to make one look like...wrinkley cloth, but I had no idea what I was doing. Also, I made the gloves sort of like the boots. Looking better? =D

Muuuuch better. I like the ta bard on the right. And will say you should try the boots and mask for yourself. Seems like you got the right idea though.
In response to AmonR
Muuuuch better. I like the ta bard on the right. And will say you should try the boots and mask for yourself. Seems like you got the >right idea though.

Okay, I will give it a shot.

Meh, I dunno. I think I overdid it.
Yea, bring it back a lil bit. Don't have to make that many lines.
Note: This isn't supposed to be an edit, or look good, just a visual example.

You need to fix his feet, unless you want him to have huge toes and be floating! Here, his left foot is out more, and his right one is facing forward a bit, so you wont see his toes as much, plus the sandal goes under his toes.

In response to AmonR

Getting closer? (Please, stick with me. XD)
It bugs me how you have such a contrasting outline for the nose.

Also, you seemed to have gotten the pants wrong. They seem to be a bit poofier than what you've drawn.
The little flap that goes down between his legs isn't that wide either.

Also, I would have added the designs on his armor and clothing well before starting to shade. >_>