ID:114090

Poll: What area do you spare your time on BYOND?

Developing Games 49% (25)
Playing Games 1% (1)
Chatting on Games 3% (2)
Trolling on Game+Community 9% (5)
Lurking on BYOND (Community+Games) 25% (13)
Doing nothing... 3% (2)
Don't go on BYOND often 5% (3)

Login to vote.

So what areas do you still spend on BYOND? I'm more of a lurker, though I do play games. I'm not smart enough to do anything related to developing games. That or I'm just lazy, and don't want to look at the manual.
Eh, I do a bit of developing and lurking. /:
I'm working on my project. Just keeping it to myself so I can work at my own pace without feeling rushed. I will eventually show it off when ready, but until then I will remain quiet..
I'm a lurker at heart. But the games keep me here.
Shadow813 wrote:
I'm working on my project. Just keeping it to myself so I can work at my own pace without feeling rushed. I will eventually show it off when ready, but until then I will remain quiet..

That's good, rushing only hurts you in the long run anyway. :)
Helping develop games and play them :)
I mainly just lurk. I play the occasional game here and there.
I'm 20% #4 and 80% #5.
Lurk. =)
I occasionally work on my little projects.
I harass females and force them to engage in sexual intercourse with me via roleplaying.
Super Saiyan X wrote:
I harass females and force them to engage in sexual intercourse with me via roleplaying.

Really? Because I harass males via Dragonball Finale and force them to engage in sexual intercourse through roleplaying too! When they log off I get a rush and a feeling of accomplishment. >=]
I'm here because BYOND needs me.
I'd like an option for "Sit in a high throne and survey your Kingdom (Community)", as that's mostly what I do on the website. =P

I'd say I do a fair bit of #3, at the Saloon. My rationale for this is mostly companionship, however when that group previously hung out on Chatters, I used to get a good amount of time in on helping new (or some more experienced) programmers improve themselves and learn. As I work in the software industry by day, it always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling if I can help a programmer on BYOND pick up a more sophisticated view on programming.

I would suppose that I do a great deal of #5 also. I happen be on the moderation team for the Developer Forums, the Developer section (with all the libraries and demos) and the Community section (with blog posts like this one). So you kinda do 'lurk' on those areas a lot, mostly to check the content is okay.

PeleTheFireDeity wrote:
Really? Because I harass males via Dragonball Finale and force them to engage in sexual intercourse through roleplaying too! When they log off I get a rush and a feeling of accomplishment. >=]

Yeah, but I've been doing this since 2006 basically.
Super Saiyan X wrote:
PeleTheFireDeity wrote:

Yeah, but I've been doing this since 2006 basically.

Splendid!
I hope it was a multiple Vote poll