ID:121106

Keywords: art, cb, cubanbling, pixel
Here's some work for Rise of the pirates.
What I've been up to lately. Just some trees. Hollaaaaa. Let me know what you think, I know I got some things to work on.

Check out the game ladies.
http://www.byond.com/games/PrideRavanok/RiseOfThePirates
What?
What was hard to understand?
F0lak wrote:
What?

He gave that bitch some wood. Bitches love wood.
Jeff8500 wrote:
F0lak wrote:
What?

Tell em brotha.
Pillow shading no bueno.
Dam wish You knew what pillow shading is.
I think you need to put more contrast.
Cubanbling wrote:
Dam wish You knew what pillow shading is.

I do know what it is, and you're doing it quite a bit on the tree trunks. No need to get all angry about it, pillow shading is a valid pixel art technique, but I don't think it'd be in your best interest to use it for wood textures. There's a nice tree trunk tutorial by AmonR in the Art Society forums.
ya pilow shad moar
Cyberlord84 wrote:
I do know what it is, and you're doing it quite a bit on the tree trunks. No need to get all angry about it, pillow shading is a valid pixel art technique, but I don't think it'd be in your best interest to use it for wood textures. There's a nice tree trunk tutorial by AmonR in the Art Society forums.

Point taken.Claiming something and pointing someone towards the next guide can be done by the best of us. I like the way the wood texture came out some improvements can be made. Assumptions are useless specially basing it off your own opinion without regards of mine.
"I don't think it'd be in your best interest"..
Wonderful
Jeff8500 wrote:
F0lak wrote:
What?

EmpirezTeam wrote:
ya pilow shad moar

I like them all except the 2nd and the 3rd in the 1st row.
No one asked for your opinion Tyga! lol JK
Cubanbling wrote:
No one asked for your opinion Tyga! lol JK

Lol, I couldn't do better, but they look good ;P
DAm right...lol ty bro love you.
They're not pillow shaded per say, but they seem to have multiple light sources; especially the leaves on the pink one,the palm trees.

you dont have to look hard to see this. the trunk is shaded like the source is directly in front of the tree on a horizontal plane.(which will give the look that it is pillow shaded.) while the leaves in most cases just doesn't have any defined light source.

by the repetitiveness of the leaves, i can tell that you made a single "flower" copied it and pasted it all over the top of the tree. I know this because I used to do this.

The shading is also quite messy on the trunk and vaguely coming off as wood to me(aside from being brown)

What I suggest is:

Keep the wood pallet, its pretty good, but, Clean up your shading a bit.

Choose a universal light source and stick to it! The shadow of the tree is also a dead giveaway.

draw out your foliage instead of copying and pasting clumps together.

The palm trees are indeed pillow shaded

Pillow shading is not a valid pixel art technique. its one of those things that you should try to avoid at all possible times. why you ask? because it eliminates all texture.
Zane444 wrote:
They're not pillow shaded per say, but they seem to have multiple light sources; especially the leaves on the pink one,the palm trees.

you dont have to look hard to see this. the trunk is shaded like the source is directly in front of the tree on a horizontal plane.(which will give the look that it is pillow shaded.) while the leaves in most cases just doesn't have any defined light source.

by the repetitiveness of the leaves, i can tell that you made a single "flower" copied it and pasted it all over the top of the tree. I know this because I used to do this.

The shading is also quite messy on the trunk and vaguely coming off as wood to me(aside from being brown)

What I suggest is:

Keep the wood pallet, its pretty good, but, Clean up your shading a bit.

Choose a universal light source and stick to it! The shadow of the tree is also a dead giveaway.

draw out your foliage instead of copying and pasting clumps together.

The palm trees are indeed pillow shaded

Pillow shading is not a valid pixel art technique. its one of those things that you should try to avoid at all possible times. why you ask? because it eliminates all texture.

WEll I say Screw you. Lol na ty finally a worthwhile comment that instructs you in the right direction without screaming in your face "TRoll Troll! im a hater!you did it all wrong go read a guide!". Appreciate it. Btw not tryna brag but for you haters... This was done in 15 minutes.. all of em. Suck it. lol JP
I like the leaves on the Palm tree, but the trunk looks to thick. The truck looks good on the others, but the leaves don't look so great. (Especially the middle pink one.)
Page: 1 2