In response to Kidpaddle45
That's called selfish. But then again, YEAH MONEY
Any recommendations on time spans that work for everyone?
I'm working on mine tonight, made pretty good progress so far. However I am graduating tomorrow, so that's definitely out the window, but then I'll be sitting around the house or working after that until college starts up so...yeah, I'm happy with this time span.
Hmmm since many are having exams during this period, why not have it around June 25-30 and have it last for 1 week or 2... or even something as simple as :

-July 1st to July 11th.

My 2 cents.
I think that June 30th or July 1st would be plenty of time for everyone. Maybe.
June 30*
June thirty* xD.
I'm entering it as well. Good luck to the rest of everyone else. ;)
Yut Put wrote:
Most of the people who enter this contest will not produce a game. In fact, you'll be lucky if you get more than three entries, especially with a time span like this, and there's a high chance that they won't be very good anyway.

So then spend a few days making a entry if you are so sure there is a high chance they will be bad.
Are teams allowed? Do you have to make a reply to join the contest? Can we start now, and if any new rules come up, we just make changes later?
PopLava wrote:
- Winners must accept paypal payment. Failure to accept paypal will forfeit any and all prizes.

Can the winnings be distributed as BYOND Memberships / donations to BYOND?
IF NO,
MY PAYPAL IS [email protected], OKAY?
I'm in. I'll check back to see if the goal time changes though considering im working on a Dev tool before this anyway.
LIBRARIES Y/N
Libraries-yes
Teams-yes
I will work on getting some byond memberships in there as much as possible.
No reply or declarations needed. Just submit before deadline.
Ill likely shorten it up as people have been suggesting. Wait for weekend to finalize so others can give there input.
In response to PopLava
I think you should go with what you feel comfortable with.
I do feel that 2 months is a bit lengthy. Maybe 2 weeks. Not everyone has the time to spend 48 hours in front of their computer just to make a game.

Likewise a reasonable time limit with extra time to set up a game would probably give you more entrants as well. It's summer, so people do have more free time but then again...it's summer! Who wants to be inside all the time? Personally with the way I work I like to allow ideas to come to me. So it could take me 3 days to complete a game document and decide just what I want to add in to a game.
A week or two would be more likely for me to complete a game that I would be satisfied in entering. (Just my input)
Hey PopLava...Would a Temple Run styled game be considered a "Maze"?
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:

As long as its a maze. Mazes have an entrance, many path choice, and an exit.
In response to PopLava
PopLava wrote:
Kidpaddle45 wrote:

As long as its a maze. Mazes have an entrance, many path choice, and an exit.

It needs to be a Maze though. The player should have to find their way out vs just run to the end.
Ah, Than what I've started won't do xD.

Hmmmm Anyone interested in teaming up with me? (Programmer)
Lacking ideas.
I'm in.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10