ID:134660

client.desc would be read-only and would contain anything in your "Description" you specified during the creation of your account.
client.email would be read-only and would contain your e-mailaddress you specified. client.email is null if you chose not to make your e-mailaddress public.

This might be used in the future to be able to send in report e-mails and the such.

Additionally, your console should provide you with the ability to make your e-mailaddress public for certain hub entries. For instance, "Qwerty2029.Game" would be allowed to read your e-mailaddress, and client.email would be your e-mailaddress instead of null, while in all other games it's null.
While I see some use in having the client's e-mail, mostly it's just security hell waiting to happen.

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want somebody to be able to log my e-mail address just from my logging in. Spam city =\
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
While I see some use in having the client's e-mail, mostly it's just security hell waiting to happen.

I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want somebody to be able to log my e-mail address just from my logging in. Spam city =\

Well, I'm sure they could like he said - make it a read-only, not output-able.
In response to Teh Governator
That makes no sense. Read only but not able to be outputted? That's not possible.

The spam risk comes from it being readable in the first place... there's no way to selectively provide the email address to only non-spammers.
by 'read-only' you mean 'only BYOND can access and use the info, not the developer directly'?
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
by 'read-only' you mean 'only BYOND can access and use the info, not the developer directly'?

That's what I meant, not sure if that's what he was refering to.