ID:141658

I have been experimenting with screen objects recently and have hit a snag. I'm trying to show a large (64x64) image on the screen, however, all it does is shrink the icon to a 32x32.

My first attempt
obj/screen
Test
icon = '000.png'
screen_loc = "1,10"
New(client/C)
C.screen += src

client/New()
..()
new/obj/screen/Test(src)

This created a small image in the corner of the screen, rather than a 64x64 image.

Second attempt:
obj/screen
Test
icon = '000.png'
screen_loc = "1,10 to 2,9" //tried to make it show in 4 tiles
New(client/C)
C.screen += src
Click()
var/SX = rand(1,10)
var/SY = rand(1,10)
screen_loc = "[SX],[SY]"

client/New()
..()
new/obj/screen/Test(src)

This created 4 very small icons in the corner of the screen, side by side (2 rows & 2 columns)

Am I missing somthing in the code? Or is there a different way of doing this, without cutting the image into a bunch of small parts and calling each piece individually?

Also: Is there a tutorial on using screen objects? (One more in depth than "Nadrew's How-To's: Screen Objects and Code Tree Reorganization" )

Thanks in advanced for any help

Oh and Merry Christmas to all!
I think ShadowDarke has a demo on large HUD, I think. If it isn't him, just search big HUD or something in resources and see what you get; just make sure it's by someone with a good reputation (like ShadowDarke).

Your problem is the fact that you're trying to create large objects straight from an icon. You just can't do that at runtime for now, though it's possible it may happen in a distant update.