ID:151556

http://www.juegomania.org/Duel:%20Test%20Drive%20II,%20The/ fotos/snes/0/544/Foto%20Duel:%20Test%20Drive%20II,%20The.jpg

test drve for snes has a nice camera,would this camera be possible in a byond car game?
Not easily, no. And in any case, not multiplayer.
In response to Nadrew
Why should a snes be able to do something that byond CANT do? 0=
In response to Darkjohn66
Darkjohn66 wrote:
Why should a snes be able to do something that byond CANT do? 0=

The SNES doesn't have ~100ms of lag between it and the tv and its controllers, for example.
In response to Nadrew
Are you kidding? You could totally pull that off with a little smoke and mirrors. If someone posts the assets for that game I could throw together a working demo in an afternoon.
In response to Skyspark
Skyspark wrote:
The SNES doesn't have ~100ms of lag between it and the tv and its controllers, for example.

There is no impossible. Only limited knowledge within the ponderer.
In response to SuperAntx
With a little smoke and mirrors sure, you'd have a clunky very non-open game that would be impossible to expand on beyond what the SNES version has without spending years drawing each and every possible view that can be done. =P
In response to Nadrew
Hmm, judging from actual gameplay footage on YouTube you're probably right about that. After looking at Karffebon's linked picture I had assumed it played something more like Desert Bus.

Something like this would be more feasible to create.
In response to SuperAntx
maybe if i made a proc that generated the person's screen each time it moved draw a new road, and draw cars.
In response to Karffebon
That would be impossible to pull off in multi-player, and would be unnecessarily slow in single-player. BYOND doesn't work well with pixel-based movement, as it's meant for tile-based games.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Hmm, judging from actual gameplay footage on YouTube you're probably right about that. After looking at Karffebon's linked picture I had assumed it played something more like Desert Bus.

Something like this would be more feasible to create.

I can only imagine that even that wouldn't turn out too well either, especially when you actually would try to make it into an actual game with different courses and such, and not just a demo made in an afternoon. Even the best engines for "3D" games I've seen on BYOND have been somewhat ugly and clunky.