ID:152512

There are a few systems I've been testing for the game(s) I've been designing and debating over, but in the race to program them I've also thought about what would happen with HUD's in these systems.

There is the limit of 65,536 objects and I've been planning the usage of some objects as the extension of others for a more beautiful scenery, and mixed with the idea of using the HUD as the full need for the character without the need of stat panels(I've always disliked them because of organization issues oddly.)

Using tradeskills as a mini game system which would pop up as a HUD or image, leaning toward the latter possibly. User's inventory, skills, and spells as a HUD or image, leaning toward the former more.

I fear that I'd hit the limit with not even a large amount of players. And then the lag issues, which the only way of solving I could think of is having the HUD designed and ready at runtime to be called up at all times quickly without the blocky and slow effect.

With that the only way I could think of making it semi-successful in a no lag situation that wouldn't meet or exceed or nearly even reach the limit is to make the HUD universal and have the player have access to only their own belongings, but out of exhaustion from the work to get as far as I have I'm drawing a blank onto how to accomplish this.

Any help appreciated, hopefully someone can give a push in the right direction.
You don't need to create a new set of HUD objects for each player. Just create a universal HUD, and add/remove pieces of it to players' screens as needed. (I think that's what you were saying, though.)

I usually just create a few lists to store specific sections of HUD objects, then have a proc called at world/New() that creates all the necessary objects for each HUD section. Then just add all the objects in a specific list to a player's screen, or remove them all, when needed.