ID:156418

I'm trying to figure out how to go about making an action occur when a person begins typing into an input box.

I've done some looking through the the reference, and even through the forums because this is something I'm not fluent in. I'm honestly still learning the complexities of skins.

Just as a little background info so that it's not a shot in the dark: The objective is that when a person is typing, or has something typed into an input box for that matter, a small overlay will be added to them.
I suggest not doing this, but if you insist, one way would be to have a loop constantly check for the input's text parameter using winget().
In response to Kaiochao
I hadn't even considered doing that. But now that you bring it up, it sounds like a very bad idea.

Maybe I should just try to think outside the box a little more. I'm sure there's a good way to do something that will act in a similar, much safer way.
Use a browser element.
You could check the focus of the box, and since whenever you talk you are using a space bar, you can have something like this pop up when their focus is on the window, and they hit the space bar button!