ID:158375

I know it probably won't even make sense, but I think it would be pretty neat if BYOND supported an image proc that pixelizes/makes the image/icon bigger. All it would really do is make every pixel so-and-so times bigger, possibly specified under a parameter in the proc.

If this can already be done, then feel free to move this topic to the "Developer How-To" section.
Duelmaster409 wrote:
I know it probably won't even make sense, but I think it would be pretty neat if BYOND supported an image proc that pixelizes/makes the image/icon bigger. All it would really do is make every pixel so-and-so times bigger, possibly specified under a parameter in the proc.

If this can already be done, then feel free to move this topic to the "Developer How-To" section.

http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/icon/proc/Scale
In response to Garthor
Oh, well, I didn't know this proc existed. Thanks for letting me know.
In response to Duelmaster409
If you don't want to program anything (like I don't want to lol, if I don't have to that is) just use a graphic editting tool and take a snapshot of the icon and make it bigger, save as png and import it.

Honestly it would be easy to make icons using this method.
In response to UmbrousSoul
UmbrousSoul wrote:
If you don't want to program anything (like I don't want to lol, if I don't have to that is) just use a graphic editting tool and take a snapshot of the icon and make it bigger, save as png and import it.
Honestly it would be easy to make icons using this method.

Yes, taking "snapshots" of countless frames, enlarging them, then importing them back in would clearly be easier than writing 2 lines of code.
In response to Falacy
Well I wasn't thinking, sorry. I did the method I mentioned for trees and well that was one screen / two icons.

I get your point, sorry for posting.
In response to UmbrousSoul
MADNESS
In response to Falacy
Just wondering..(I know this may be a very stupid question, but I want to know)..Can someone show a snippet of the code just so I can see it? I've been having trouble using it, Yeah dont laugh -,-'
In response to Ernesto5432
Ernesto5432 wrote:
Just wondering..(I know this may be a very stupid question, but I want to know)..Can someone show a snippet of the code just so I can see it? I've been having trouble using it, Yeah dont laugh -,-'

I've never actually used this procedure but from the information I see on the DM-ref, I think it's like this:

var/icon/I = new('Icons.dmi', "icon1")
I.Scale(64, 64) // 64* 64 px

I hope I'm right, correct me if I'm wrong.
In response to Haywire
Do you think that you could use that in a verb? Like a tech, like say..

mob/Owner
verb
SuperSize
set category = "Jutsus"
set name = "Test Super Size"
var/icon/I = new('Icon.dmi', "icon1")
I.Scale(64, 64)
usr.icon=I
In response to Ernesto5432
The icon is going to be split up when you scale it up, because it can't be bigger than 32x32. So, you'll get four 32x32 chunks as icon_states. Look it up in the reference.