ID:158774

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/507/38777567.png

i wanna if theres a demo on doing this on a skin or if u guys could help me by showing me some examples on how to do this.
It's called a HUD (Heads-Up Display... why do they say heads up when your head is suppose to go down? A rather painful question >_<).

To do this, you need to read up on the following:
atom.screen_loc
client.screen
atom.Click() <-- for the effect when clicked.
In response to GhostAnime
Alternatively to what GhostAnime said, you can also create the same effect using buttons on an interface.
GhostAnime wrote:
(Heads-Up Display... why do they say heads up when your head is suppose to go down? A rather painful question >_<)

I suppose that probably just refers to the "heads up!" figure of speech thing.
GhostAnime wrote:
(Heads-Up Display... why do they say heads up when your head is suppose to go down? A rather painful question >_<).

Fairly sure the roots are in aviation (military aircraft, I think), where information would be projected onto the window of the cockpit, so you could see what you needed without having to look down at your instruments. Hence: heads-up.
Goggeeta wrote:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/507/38777567.png

i wanna if theres a demo on doing this on a skin or if u guys could help me by showing me some examples on how to do this.

Im not nearly as experienced as any of coders that gave other answers, but wouldnt a TURF be able to do this? Like you see how in naruto games you go onto the map and click your clan on the screen to select it? Couldnt you make a turf that increases that skill then place that turf where u want them to click to increase it?
In response to ChicoTheMan94
There can never be more then one /turf instance at any one location. Before you say you can via the map editor, the other turfs becomes the underlay of the topmost turf if I recall correctly.
GhostAnime wrote:
There can never be more then one /turf instance at any one location. Before you say you can via the map editor, the other turfs becomes the underlay of the topmost turf if I recall correctly.

What if the thing you are trying to put your skill-up turf on is just a .png you have coded to show? I'm not sure if thats how he's doing it, but in the GOA picture, isnt that screen just an edited picture thats placed on the map, not actually amde with the byond icons, so that the only turf there would be the Skill-Up turf he is placing?
In response to ChicoTheMan94
Everything that's ever displayed inside the map control itself is displayed by an atom, one way or another. You can't just randomly place an image file on the map; rather, you can put atoms that have that as the icon on the map. This is automated by the Map Editor when you lay down an atom that its icon is set to a large graphic (see this image for an illustration); it automatically splits that graphic into 32x32 parts, each laid down as a separate atom.