ID:167525

Is it correct to assume that there is no possible way, at all, to change the background color of a client's DreamSeeker at runtime ?

I've tried setting client.script at runtime, which doesn't work and just crashes the procedure silently.

I've tried sending all output out with a span referencing a class that has a background tag set - This has no effect on the background color at all (and, as I read in the reference, the background tag is apparently only valid in the BODY tag).

So I'm sort of out of ideas here.

Something like this doesn't work:

<STYLE>
.standardwhite {font-family:monospace; background-color:white; color: black}
</STYLE>

In conjunction with this:
src << "<span class=standardwhite>White background?!</span>"

I'm working on a system to let the user customize the look of the program somewhat, and this sort of puts a huge limiting factor on things if I'm *forced* to have a single background color for everyone.

Or am I just missing something completely obvious?
Create a new .dms file (It's a BYOND script file) Then put your CSS into that. To change the background it is:
<style>
BODY{background:#000000;}
</style>

That will change the backgorund to black. You can also change the color of text that is outputted to the text window by adding color:#FFFFFF; into to the BODY tag to make it white. Of course any style parameters you set for the outputted text will be that color/style.
In response to FinalFantasyGamer
Yes, but would that work for him at runtime like he's asking?
In response to FinalFantasyGamer
I'm well aware of how to change the background using a DM Script file. I need to be able to change it at runtime as SSGX is saying.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Ooo I didn't get what you meant.
Currently it IS possible, but the way you want it, probally not. Everytime you would output something to the client, you would have to include this line to make it work correctly. I found this is Shadowdarke's procs library, I think, if I remember correctly anyways.

src << "<STYLE>body {background:# here}</STYLE>"

Just plug in your color accordinly.

-Doh
In response to XxDohxX
Hmm thats cool. I never relised you could do that. Though, I never had a use for it.
In response to XxDohxX
D'oh. I guess thats blindingly obvious, then.