ID:186232

I needed a cell phone for awhile, and i got extra money to have a nicer cell phone, and I love gameing, so I was thinking about picking up a N-Gage QD.

Ive been looking around, but there is no service plans in my direct area of Menominee Michigan.

The closest one I could find is in Greenbay. I was still thinking of picking it up, since a few of my friends get their cell phone coverage in greenbay.

I still don't know though, any thoughts for me? this wuold be my first NORMAL cell phone I have, the last one i got was a Track Phone.
DO NOT GET AN N-GAGE! You'll just get screwed out of your money.
Get Cingular. No roaming. No Long distance. All cingular calls are free. Low cost. Great service.
In response to Popisfizzy
Alright, I guess there are areas in my state, just not my city, so now I suppose I could look for the closest state.

Is there a service I can find online that can easily help me?
Popisfizzy wrote:
DO NOT GET AN N-GAGE! You'll just get screwed out of your money.

Yeah, what he said. I say get a nice flip or picture phone. You'll get better performance for your money than an N-Gage for a phone. Also try cingular wireless or T-Mobile.

~Maku
I don't like track phones. I have one now and its one of the Nokia 3585i. For all of you who don't know what that is its the old looking ones with the oil screens.
Yeah I currently got tracfone, but they got newer ones out with color screens.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
I know they do. But my parents won't buy me a new one until mine breaks. I hope a truck comes by soon...
Lol. What they lack in new stuff they make up for with durability(dropped mine a couple times), good reception, and long distance. I hear all the time how Cricket phones cut off while in the middle of a conversation.
Cricket...phones?
Yeah..cricket is a phone service with like a somewhat low price for unlimited talking..
Popisfizzy wrote:
I don't like track phones. I have one now and its one of the Nokia 3585i. For all of you who don't know what that is its the old looking ones with the oil screens.

I don't like them either. I prefer i-wireless or Verizon, as far as service, and currently have a Motorola V220 from i-wireless. It's good. For $0.75/day I get unlimited texting and Mobile Web 2.0 (again, unlimited) access. From there, I often find myself reading forum posts while away from my PC(although I cant post anything).

Hiead
I still want a new phone.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Alright, I guess there are areas in my state, just not my city, so now I suppose I could look for the closest state.

Is there a service I can find online that can easily help me?

Phone companies' websites usually help in that regard.

Hiead
In response to Shades
Why don't you ask a few different "friends" with cell phones about how good their service is?

If that isn't possible, try at least seeing how well sprint can cover your area. Sprint tends to have great coverage since they own so many towers. On top of that, they use everybody elses towers as well (which means in an emergency, use roaming to make a call). Sprint bought out nextel as well, I believe.

On another note, I hope Sprint integrates their direct connect service with Nextel's. That would SO be awesome for users of both.
In response to Dession
I have bad luck with Cingular. I get almost no service in my own home! I can see the friggen tower from my window. I get dropped calls all the time. Infact, my brother called while I was making this post, and he could not hear me, so he had to call my home phone.
In response to Scoobert
You know, He can buy an N-gage and get service from verizon.
In response to Polaruis
No, he can't, can he?

I thought cell phones were locked to their carriers. That and Verizon doesn't use SIM cards so even if it was unlocked, you'd need a Verizon Wireless SIM card ..and those don't exist.
In response to Leaf Tree Productions
Wrong. Verizon said any cell-phone made in the past 2 years can be used with their service no matter what the brand type or carrier.
In response to Polaruis
That's great! Hmm, I wonder how they did it.
Page: 1 2