ID:189506

How come whenever I ban someone for bug abusing they claim they're a hacker. I got some guy saying, hope you like being hacked. Than I ask him what my i.p is and he was way off! So, tell me why these people are such dumb [still-too-close-to-an-expletive deleted]!

-Buzzy
Everyone claims to be hackers. One guy, Mystic-Majin i think it was, said if I ever found out how to pager ban him, he would hack BYOND and get back in. HAH! Thats funny! Even if he is/was a hacker, Im sure dantom's got at least a firewall, and probobly some other stuff set up. Anyway, its just those people trying to scare ya. Someone drops in DWQ, claims to be the most "733+ oober haxur" and said they couldn't ban him:
"Ban Me?! You think you can ban me?!"

He was also way off my IP. Cheesy IP sniffers. Not to mention most people on BYOND think my IP is:
A)127.0.0.1
B)64.89.x.x
and rarely,
C)airjoe.game-host.org

C is my IP cloaking, but they still don't know my IP with #s.

The guy whos IP is never found (=P),
<-Airjoe->
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
A)127.0.0.1

Hah. People, if you're going to claim to be a hacker, at least learn SOMETHING about networking first. =P

An interesting tip I got from userfriendly.org; if someone claims they're "g0nna h4x0r u!!!!", tell them your IP address is 127.0.0.1. Watch them trash their own computer. =P It won't work on everyone (only those who have downloaded "h4x0r t00lz" but don't know how they work or how to use them apart from entering an IP address and clicking a button), but when it does work it's quite hilarious!

I had someone claim he was going to hack me on Chatters. So I gave him "my" IP address, and he spent the next half an hour trying to hack a computer that didn't exist!

I can still remember some of his comments: "Hey, how come you managed to close so many ports???" and "You've got a firewall, haven't you? You said you didn't!" (both quotes paraphrased) are two that I remember particularly clearly. =D
In response to Crispy
I get that a lot... So I say let's have a hacker war, let's trade IPs. He gives me a false IP everytime >.>

-Camaro-
In response to Airjoe
You're SURE that B) isn't actually your ip address? It very well could be. If(what you think) your IP is is something like 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x or 10.x.x.x that's an internal IP address, what your computer's IP is on your LAN or DSL/Cable connection, and B) would be how the internet sees your computer.
Buzzyboy wrote:
How come whenever I ban someone for bug abusing they claim they're a hacker. I got some guy saying, hope you like being hacked. Than I ask him what my i.p is and he was way off! So, tell me why these people are such dumb [still-too-close-to-an-expletive deleted]!

-Buzzy

Live with it, that’s life. This I bet has happened to every BYONDer, at least once. Just ignore it, or if all else fails, and you actually feel you could be threatened, turn your file wall on, or shut your computer off.

RaeKwon
It makes them seem tough. Threatening, maybe if you think about it. But about one third of the people who 'claim' they were hackers, are not. I get a kick out of how many people say their hackers and don't even know what an I.P. is...It's happened to me before too.
In response to THE Brama Bull
I don't think it's 1/3, probably 2/3.
In response to Airjoe
I haven't botherered, Dantom is a closed shop.

It has to be for money to be moved about.
In response to Jon88
Wrong, Airjoe. When Trowa used to be the host of Proelium, He used to boot for no reason. He banned my friend Zan. Zan simply unbanned himself and kept playing.
In response to Jon88
No, my IP starts with 24. I think the next number is 116, but thats all your getting =P.

In response to RaeKwon
I also noticed that there are a LOT of fake Runescape hackers who steal your password, claiming that they will give you Rune Armor or whatnot.

~wolf01
In response to Wolf01
Those are just lame scammers...
In response to Tseng True Guerilla
:S
Boy Howdy, I wish my IP wasn't <font size = 4>216.251.182.54</font>....

Mmmm... Poptarts...
In response to Dracon
rofl

Pinging 216.251.182.54 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
No, my IP starts with 24. I think the next number is 116, but thats all your getting =P.

You got the first number right, but not the second. Your IP is actually 24.1... oh wait, I'm cheating. :)

http://www.edpsciences.com/htbin/ipaddress
In response to Air Mapster
Or just type in .hub ping on DS.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
I had someone claim he was going to hack me on Chatters. So I gave him "my" IP address, and he spent the next half an hour trying to hack a computer that didn't exist!

Ha! That reminds me of some guy who came into HedgerowHall earlier this year and started spamming the OOC channel. I grabbed his IP address, fed it into nmap, and initiated a full ping sweep, with the timing set to "insane" (0.3 seconds for individual probes), and he suddenly dropped out of the game!

Looking at the nmap output, it looked like he might have been using something like ZoneAlarm for a firewall. From an earlier experiment I ping-sweeped Maz's computer causing ZoneAlarm on his machine to trip the net connection because it thought I was attacking his computer -effectively cutting him off! I recall Maz having some difficulty getting back on too. :)

Makes me wonder if that HrH spammer had the same problem! :D
Page: 1 2 3