In response to Lummox JR
All the things that people say they don't like about Cube are the reasons the movie works for me. These people have, through no fault of their own, taken a giant step at a right angle to reason and ended up in a place of pointless, sadistic torment. Horror is rooted in the fear of the unknown. A real horror movie shouldn't answer all the questions. A really good horror movie shouldn't even answer most of them.

Was the Halloween franchise enriched in any way when they revealed that Michael Myers wasn't a kid who "just" turned into a violent killer, but he was cursed by a satanic death cult (or however the later movie went, it's been a long time)? It was scarier when he had no discernible motivation.

There's no answers to your questions. The Cube couldn't have happened. It shouldn't have been able to happen. The horror for the people trapped inside is, no matter how hard it is to accept, it DID happen. If this is poor writing, then the Twilight Zone had the most flawed premise of any TV show in history.

Of course, everyone says they want answers, and so the sequel, Hypercube, is sure to provide them. As bad as you might think Cube is, I'm sure you'll find the light-shedding sequel to be worse.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
how do you have the time to write essays and these history lessons for us? im just curious...
I typed that whole message in less time than it took you to read it. I'm getting ready for work and making lunch for my girlfriend at the same time.
In response to Lummox JR
Ever considered a career in movie review?
ok Ms. Assasin do we find out the history of the word 'The' in no less than 15,000 words tomorrow?
In response to Dareb
I love that movie. I thought it was funny and had a lot of neat tricks, like when the shadow puppet ate those people. The clowns where pretty cool to. They acted like a real clowns would, if they had cool weapons, killed people, and where from outer space. I know alot of you guys on the forum like things that can be explained in big words most people never use in casual conversation, and breaking everythin down into a scientific explanation of evry thing involved, but that movie was entertaing, enough said.

and every time i see it i still hope that little girl in the restaraunt gets her head bashed in by the fat clown.
In response to Dareb
KCFOS is enjoying quite the revival on DVD... there is now talk of a sequel.
I wish I hadnt seen Jason X.
If you like this movie you have no right to complain of Grand Theft Auto games.

This isnt just to you Lesbian Assassin, but to everyone who doesnt like the game for it's content despite it's rating.

Arguing about where it's aimed at has no impact in the matter whatsoever. Its rated mature and targetted at adults, as are most R rated movies.

But what brings this up is the content of clowns which can be associated with children, and this movie isnt meant for children as retarded as it is.
In response to Dareb
mmmm...meatsauce...
In response to Dareb
I think GTA is disgusting, but I've never argued against its being published. I don't think it should have been made, but that's the decision of the makers, not me.

I also don't like Killer Clowns. There is a difference, though... Killer Clowns doesn't cast the titular killers as protagonists, it doesn't put the audience into the position of acting out the senseless/stupid acts of violence.
Just one:

Happiness
The best movie ever: The Shawshank Redemption. (Sorry If I mispelled it ;p)
In response to SSJKaclis
Actually, you spelled it exactly right, and that is an extremely good movie. It's not exactly Tank Girl, but what is?
Worst movie ever made was Species II.

Worst critically-acclaimed movie was Last Tango in Paris.
I should note that there's other movies I think were horrible, but that's the only one I don't feel I took anything away from.

One of my least-favorite movies ever is "Deep Blue Sea." The loathing I feel for this movie can be summed up in these two parodic lines:

"Oh my god... they're sharks.... and they're... they're... SWIMMING BACKWARDS!"

"Who could've guessed that when we augmented the shark's brains, we were actually making them smarter?"
That's a pretty good line. However, don't forget that even classics can have a moment of goofball dialogue. I submit The Wizard of Oz...

Dorothy: The broom. May we have it?
Guard: Yes, and take it with you.
In response to Skysaw
Maybe they just wanted to brush up the Guards english skills, then they wouldnt need to take the broom anywhere. :)
What we consider crime isnt always "wrong"
Oh god...its not a movie its a show...man Buffy sucks...it just...oh god...it just stinks...horrible horrible show...ahhh i cant even go on...
Page: 1 2 3